Jumbled

The jet touched down in Detroit at around 11. The whole flight consisted of me laying in Marshall's arms crying and being cradled like a baby. The bright lights of Detroit lit up the dark sky as we drive through the city. 

The large sign said 'HOSPITAL' as Marshall and I ran in. The woman at the desk directed us to the room we needed to get to and we rushed there as quickly as we could. Outside of the room we saw Matt waiting there outside. He ran over to me and, noticeable that he had been crying as well.

"Charlie...She didn't make it."

At that moment my whole world stopped. I haven't felt this much pain since the death of my family.

"What? No. NO! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING. NOOO! NO!" 

My whole body started to shake as I felt to the floor. Marshall's arms tried lifting me up but I just sat on the floor screaming. Tears blurred my eyes as the pain struck my body.

"YOU'RE LYING TO ME!!!! SHE CAN'T BE GONE! I DIDN'T GET TO SAY GOOD-BYE! NO! NO!"

Marshall lifted me up and carried me over to the chair and held me in his arms as I sat in his lap. I buried my head in his chest and sobbed. A couple minutes went by and I couldn't cry anymore. It was as if I ran out of tears. I got off of Marshall and went to talk to Matthew. I choked on my words and he immediately wrapped his arms around me. Once he let go I was able to ask my question.

"Where is she? Can I go see her?"

"Yes. I told the doctor that you would want to be here to say good bye to her and he said you can go right in but to call him after you visit."

I nodded my head and walked into the room. I saw her lifeless body laying there. There were cuts and bruises all over her face. I looked at her and I felt the need to cry but once again the tears wouldn't come. I took her hand, which felt cold and fragile. The words were all jumbled up in my head but I made I said the most important things.

"I love you. Forever and always. I'll never forget you." I said kissing her hand then her forehead. 

The doctor then came in and placed the blanket over her head as I exited the room. 

"Hey. I'd like to go home now." I said to Marshall. "I'm tired."

"Yeah I'll take you. Let's go."

All three of us walked out of the hospital. Matt gave me a kiss on the cheek and a hug. Marshall also gave him a hug and told him to be safe.

The drive to my house was silent. I stared out the window the whole time and Marshall came up with me to make sure I was okay. 

"Marshall? Can you stay? I don't want you to leave."

"Sure baby."

I changed my clothes quickly and hopped into bed. Marshall took off his shirt and his pants so he was only in his boxers and laid down next to me. I scooted over closer to him and he wrapped his arms around me. I couldn't sleep so I pretended to go to sleep so Marshall wouldn't worry and could get as much sleep as he wanted. 

I stared at the ceiling which felt like minutes but was actually for hours. When my eyelids started to get heavy I looked at the clock near my bed. 

3:32 am.

As I started to dose off I let the events of today flow through my head.

I was sent on a wild chase.

I had an incredible dinner with Marshall.

Marshall asked me to be his girlfriend.

Marshall and I kissed.

Aunt June passed away in a car accident.

____________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello lovelies! I am completely sorry for not updating. I've had a little writers block when it came to this story but I finally told you what happened. I know, I know. It took the whole chapter for me to describe what happened but it was for suspense purposes. I've had a little nudge from cjf9142018 so props to her for encouraging me to write. I love you all and I will try to update again next week. Vote. Comment. Share. Come on, just try it. Please. It's fun. (From Eminem goes back to high school. Watch it if you haven't or just watch it...). XOXOXO Sage......OUT!!!