Grey

"Grey?!?"

He smiled at me and opened his arms out wide. I ran and hugged him as he picked me up and spun me.

"I've missed you, Cinderella." He said looking at me. "My princess is all grown up."

I blushed and grabbed Grey's hand and dragged him towards Marshall who stood there looking clueless.

Grey is my cousin. Aunt June adopted him when he was 16 because her friend had passed away. I was only 15 when Grey left to go to the army. He was 18. I haven't seen him since. I got letters and about two phone calls but eventually they stopped. He was my like best friend. He didn't stay at Aunt June's much because he'd rather stay with his friends which she was fine with.

"Marshall, this is my cousin Grey. Grey, this my boyfriend Marshall Mathers."

"Nice to meet you Mr. Mathers. Mathers...Mathers? Isn't that rapper you were obsessed with named Mathers?"

I blushed as Marshall chuckled.

"This is he!" I said smiling.

"Oh! How awesome is that?!"

"Very!" I said happily.

***

We stayed up all night laughing and joking. Marshall and the girls went home about an hour after Grey came. Then I asked Grey if he would like to help me pack up my stuff since I had to move in with Marshall tomorrow.

We were in the graffiti room putting all my shoes in boxes because that's what I had the most of. I looked around and sighed.

Grey came over and put his arm around me.

"What's wrong, Ella?" He asked shortening my nickname from him, which is Cinderella.

"I'm really going to miss this place. So many memories with Chapin and Aunt June." I said a little depressed thinking about Aunt June.

"Aw it's okay. Where is June, by the way? I would love to see her."

"You don't know?"

He shook his head while looking concerned.

"She passed away. A little over two months ago." I said looking down with a tear slipping out.

I quickly wiped it and looked back up to see Grey with a shocked expression and his hand over his mouth. He took a seat for a minute and I sat with him.

"I'm sorry...for your loss."

"Thank you."

We sat in another moment of silence until I got up.

"Let's go, Prince Charming. These shoes are not going to pack themselves and we both need some sleep so we should hurry up."

He smiled at me and got up.

"Speaking of sleep, where are you staying?"

"Oh I rented a room in a shitty motel on 8 mile."

"What the hell, Charming?! Why didn't you call me? You could've stayed here!"

He shrugged his shoulders and gave me a small cute smirk.

"Ugh, you're lucky you're fucking cute," I said pinching his cheeks.

Then a brilliant idea struck me in the head.

"Oh my God, you can live here! You can stay here and and and I can visit this place anytime I fucking want. And You! You have somewhere to stay that's very close and YES YES YES!!!" I screamed getting excited.