Hawaii Biiiiitch

Chapter: Hawaii, Biiiiiitch

Author: Axel Otto

Before we left for Hawaii, our publisher friend Dave (the one who said he would read our book, send back feedback, and try and get it on shelves) asked us to fax him over what we had written so far. He said he would put me and Tuck's parts together, in chronological order, and then send them back to us with edits and comments, ect. Tuck and I finished sending everything over to Dave a few minutes before we left for the airport. Obviously, what I'm writing right now won't be included in the first draft that he's editing. Tuck and I agreed to keep writing, and maybe eventually decide on a stopping point for the book. But for right now, the mission is a go.

Tuck and I were by far the most excited to get away from city life and settle into four days of nothing but lying on the sand and drinking margaritas until we can't stand to look at them any longer. As soon as we got to our resort, Tuck and I were the first ones at the check in desk.

"Checking in for Mayes," Tuck was out of breath. "Rick Mayes."
The native woman behind the counter gave the two of us a small smile before she started clicking away on her computer. The rest of our family filed in behind us.

"Okay, you have three rooms set up for your stay. One is the honeymoon suite," Rick stepped right in front of my grubby, eager hands, and nabbed the room key right out of her hands, giving me a warning glare.

"Watch yourself, Otto. This one's mine." The woman laughed and I grinned cheekily at him. She held out two more sets of room keys.

"This room," she said, indicating the two keys in her right hand. "Is on the tenth floor. The other is on the fifth." Tuck grabbed the keys to the room on floor 10.

"Axel and I will take this one," he gave me a fist bump. "Tenth floor, baby. I hope we get a balcony!"

Right as I was about to express my agreement for that sentiment, Maggie cleared her throat from behind us. "Tucker? Are you forgetting something?"

He turned around, confused, then started patting his pockets and checking for his luggage. "What, did I leave my passport somewhere?"

I snorted. "We're still in America, dipshit."

"Shit, you're right," he turned towards Maggie. "What am I forgetting?"

Maggie sighed. "You're forgetting me. Axel's rooming with Pete, remember?" I admired how patient Maggie sounded. Tuck reddened.

"I didn't forget. Nope, didn't forget," he handed me the keys to the room on the tenth floor. "And look, we're on the fifth floor. I chose this room because guess what I didn't forget? Your fear of heights, that's right! Best fiancé ever!"
Tuck reached down and kissed her cheek briefly. Maggie giggled, and Pete and I rolled our eyes.

"Tuck, Danny's coming in tonight at the heliport, and I'd like you and Axel to come greet him and bring him over to the resort for dinner. He'll be staying with his company at a hotel down the street because he's technically here on business, but he'll be here for the wedding and for tonight."

"Awesome!" Tuck was smiling.

I turned to Tuck. "Danny?" I figured he was one of Rick's friends.

"Danny is Rick's son. You never met him because by the time Rick and mom got together, Danny was out of college and living in the city. I've only met him a couple times myself, but he's an awesome guy, you'll love him."

I nodded. "Sounds good."
"Alright gang, let's bring everything upstairs so we can hit the beach for a few hours before dinner."

I turned towards Pete, handing him the extra key. "Race you to the room?" He raised his eyebrows.