~Seven~

The thing about eavesdropping was that sometimes it was totally unintentional. Like you just so happen to be hearing something concerning you and you just couldn't stop yourself from listening.

The restrooms being situated behind Fredrick and Karlie's seats, gave me the possibility to stand, albeit for a few short seconds, quietly behind them while they spoke about me. Karlie seemingly wording her concerns.

"...Yeah, Yeah, I know, I know, I'm sorry. I was just not expecting her. " I caught from Karlie when I was close enough to them. It was the way she said her that made my ears perk up. So I listened as much as I could before they noticed I was there and thus would need to sit. I didn't want them to stop talking on my account.

Carry on, please.

"Great now let's drop this and let's never again mention such stupidity." Frederick finally ended the conversation as he looked up to see me standing behind them. I smiled.

"Great restaurant, huh?" I moved to my seat as if nothing happened. Though I could admittedly say I was a little ticked that they stopped talking. I wasn't going to let this go though, not happening.

Now that I knew they were talking about me, and he knew that I knew they were talking about me. And and she knew that he knew that I knew they were talking about me. So things were a little awkward at the table with all of us looking at each other knowing what we knew. I was making sure that by my face, they knew I was unto them.

So, like I said, things were really awkward. That was, until she received a call and she had to go. So when she finally spoke up, I was relieved.

"Babe, that was my agent, he needs to see me right now concerning the Victoria's Secret Show." She said as she started retrieving her belongings.

"Is everything alright?" Frederick asked with genuine concern on his face, after all modeling was her livelihood.

"Yeah, I'm sure everything is fine, they had a few concerns that I need to take care of." She smiled as she got up. "I'll see you later." She gave him a quick kiss on the lips and a moment later, she was gone.

Frederick watched her closely from the comfort of his seat as she walked away towards the door. Only when she was finally out of eye sight that he turned back to his food then resumed eating.

My eyes were glued on him as he cut a piece of fish and then placed it into his mouth in a very sophisticated way. He really was a great sight for sore eyes. He was a very handsome male. And, the way he carried himself showed how in control he was about most everything.

But as I was staring at him right then, it wasn't because of his beauty, although he had enough to pass around, no; what I was waiting for was for him to look my way, but somehow he seemed to purposely avoid my eyes.

That realization provoked a chuckle from me. I shook my head slightly. "I know you guys have been talking about me." I said as I kept my eyes on him and a small smile on my face to let him know that I wasn't upset...or at least I wasn't completely upset.

"I'm sorry?" His eyes finally landed on me as a frown appeared on that GQ face. I had to laugh at his attempt to play innocent, as if he didn't know what I was talking about.