~Eighteen~

He kept his lips pressed on mine as he held my face in his big and truly manly hands. I felt him straighten his body before he deepened the kiss, our lips dancing to the music that was our breathing. To say that I was shocked would be the understatement of the century. But somehow, after my initial shock, my brain went completely blank, letting things happen as if this was the norm. It wasn't. This was a big deal...a huge deal...wait no, scratch that. This was an epic deal of colossal proportions.

        Frederick might not have known it but this was actually my very first kiss. I was a twenty-three years old young woman who had never been kissed. I started laughing as I thought about it and pulled away.

       "What are you laughing about?"

         I straightened up. "I have to go." I told him. I knew I was going to start freaking out pretty soon so to avoid making a complete fool of myself and be embarrassed later on, I had to leave.

       Dear God. I was essentially Drew Barrymore in Never Been Kissed. But the only difference was, that this was real life and I had just gotten my first kiss.

           I wasn't like many girls growing up. I was one of the few girls at my schools who weren't salivating after boys. I had never been that interested, instead wanting to focus on my education. So I had never truly had a boyfriend and that was the reason why I had never been kissed.

           "Eva hold on," Frederick grabbed my arm as he got up and stood in front of me which made me look up at him. He smiled and with a finger, he traced the outline of my lips. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Why the hell wasn't I running away from him right now? What type of voodoo spell was I on that had affected my brain so much that I thought this was okay?

I felt the lightest sensation on my lips and realized that was his lips grazing mine, his cellphone started ringing. I let out a breath that I hadn't noticed I was holding. So that was why I couldn't breathe.

He leaned over the couch and grabbed the phone but instead of answering, just kept staring at me. The phone kept ringing. I wondered if he was going to answer it or let it ring, until finally, he answered it at the third ring. "Hello?" His eyes were locked in on mine. I had the deep urge to look away, anywhere else but at him.

'I have to go' I mouthed as I tried to move, not truly realizing that he was still holding on to my arm. He shook his head as he kept listening to the person on the other line.

"Uhm, I'm sorry what?" He asked as he frowned and then kept listening. He then asked again over the phone. "Damn, Where are you?" Frederick asked again to the unknown person. I frowned as my curiosity peaked.

I wondered who he was talking to? I wondered what had happened as the expression on his face changed. I wondered why he had kissed me. I wondered why he was holding on to me and hadn't let go yet. I also wondered why as I stared at him at this precise moment, all I wanted was to feel his lips on mine again. I wondered a lot, I wondered too much.

Deciding to make my exit then, I grabbed my phone and quickly requested a Lyft driver.

He spoke again. "Meet me here at my place. I'll be waiting for you." He said before finally ending the call. He shook his head as he pinched his nose and without my having to ask he said, "Remember Darcy? My friend I took you to meet?"

I nodded because I actually did remember him. In his attempt to make me part of his life, Frederick had set up a dinner with his best friend. The dinner was nice and his friend, James Darcy, along with the girl he had been with, Charlotte, were delightful. But yet, throughout the whole dinner, I couldn't help but obsess over how differently this all felt.