~Thirty Seven~

"I'm here for you, Frederick, because I know you need me. I need you too and I'm sure we can work it out if we give it another try, maybe even try for another baby again. Wouldn't that be nice?"

    Wait, what now? I took a second get things straight inside my brain as I looked back and forth between the both of them. Frederick was looking at Karlie but didn't seem too preoccupied by what was happening or what she had said. If anything, he looked a little annoyed, but that was about all the emotion displayed on his face.

     I cocked my head to the side and stared at him, totally expecting him to start pulling her down from the clouds, but instead of saying anything, he just kept quiet and continued to stare at her. Was he really just going to stand there and watch her little one woman show?

      But fortunately for him, before I could open my mouth and rain rage on the both of them, (because at nine mouths pregnant, there was little shit I could take and handle from anybody), Frederick beat me to the punch and finally opened his mouth.

     He shook his head first. "Karlie, what's this? What are you doing here?" He started descending the stairs and kept talking. My eyes followed him while he made his way to her until he was close enough to where she was standing and then stopped, his hands in his pockets. I watched them. "You can't do this anymore, this has to stop."

     Karlie frowned, trying to move a little closer to him but one look at Frederick and the way he had narrowed his eyes and was shaking his head made her stop. "What do you mean, Frederick? I'm talking about you and me and the fact that it's obvious we can't keep away from each other. I know you love me, I just know you do."

      What the actual fuck? Was this girl delusional? I couldn't blame her entirely, instead I blamed Frederick mostly for not doing anything to stop this from happening way earlier. I cleared my throat which made both of them look up at me.

    He sighed, looking  a little exasperated while he turned his attention back to miss Karlie Fenton. "Karlie, you and I are never getting back together, it's just not going to happen. Eva and I are about to have a baby and get married," he started but of course, instead of listening to what he was saying, Karlie stopped him, her face scrunching, her eyes red and teary as if she was about to cry.

     "But I love you..." She cried, her face a mess of tears and mascara which ran down from her face to the white, skin tight dress she was wearing. She had taken off her shoes and was walking bare foot while she approached him, falling into his arms in the process.

     "I know the death of the baby has been hard on you and I'm willing to find someone for you to talk to,  but that can't be me anymore. I can't be that person for you, you understand?" He held on to her face so that she could look nowhere else but at him. She cried and tried to pull away but Frederick held on tight, and continued to speak to her in a firm but also non threatening voice.

      "You can't do this to me, you can't do this, please I need you." She was sobbing, her head now resting on his torso while she was bawling her eyes out.

     A small Part of me, that human part of me, that sympathetic part of me felt bad for Karlie because I knew she was suffering and for a second, just a second, my face softened and felt a tiny pang in my heart at the suffering of another human being but that all went away when she raised her head and stared at me with eyes so filled with anger that I actually had to take a step back.

    "You," she growled, trying then to pull away from Frederick who soon noticed the change in Karlie and stopped her from coming anywhere near me. "I'm going to kill you." She was yelling her lungs out while she pulled, with all her strength, against Frederick's hold on her.