☆Zero☆

September 8th, 2016
My Dearest Diary,

Today I am turning the page to a new chapter in my life. I find it oddly fitting since today is also my 68th birthday. Although I don't look a day over twenty-one, I promise you, I am still just a human.

I fear that in order for this to make any sense at all, I must explain everything that has happened. Albeit painful and disturbing, I will write it all down. My only hope is that in doing so, we can leave what's past in the past and sincerly move forward from this.

First thing's first, my name is Evelyn "Evie" Elizabeth Webster. I was born in the small town of Hammond, Indiana during the height of the baby boom era in 1948. There are no brothers and no sisters and not much about my parents is known. I never had the pleasure of meeting my mother and my father? Well, he never really could get over what he saw during the war. The day after my 13th birthday, he got on a boat, sailed away, and was never heard from again.

Fastforward some time, to the fall of 1969. It was then that I first laid eyes on the handsome and arrogant, incredibly wretched man. His sandy blonde hair and piercing blue eyes were enough to send my stomach plummeting past my knees. His perfect red lips were always pursed in determination and strength and power flowed from his soul.

Even now I snicker at the idea of being in love with such a monster as him. He seemed so charming and sweet- I gave him so many years of my life. What a fool I was.

As he and his brother searched relentlessly for Katerina, he had a witch place a spell on me, knowing full well that I refused the idea of becoming like him. Selfishly he had my life bound to his, damning me to a life of immortality. Despite his uncontrollable rage against those who've betrayed or dissapointed him, I stuck by him, operating under a false pretense of love.

For years we remained on the run from a ruthless hunter- his own step father, all the while carting around the rest of his family in boxes. We would eventually catch a lucky break once we learned that a doppelganger of Katerina had finally been born.

We traveled to Mystic Falls and things quickly got messy. Lives were lost, friendships betrayed and it was there that I learned my own life wasn't exempt from such.

His curse had finally been broken and in one drunken night of debauchery and celebration, he decided to entertain that insufferable Cresent-wench. Oh sure, he'd told me she had supposedly tricked him into thinking it was me, but the second I learned she was pregnant, I was done. There was no way in hell I was sticking around for that.

I frequently receive letters from Elijah, updating me as though I was still part of that family. I believe the last letter he'd sent had stated Hope was now nearly five years old and an aspiring little witch. Hayley has since been dead now for a few years, and Elijah never fails to inform me that his brother had never seen her as anything more than a drunken one night stand. Elijah ends every letter telling me his brother still holds on to the notion that one day I'll return home to him and that the entire family hopes to see me soon.

Frankly, I don't give a damn. I'll never go back. And if I'm being completely honest, it makes me uneasy knowing that Elijah can have Freya so easily locate me. I've tried multiple times to have this spell, which I now see as a curse, removed from me. I even went back to Mystic Falls but the incompetent Bennett witch was of no help at all. After the seventh time of coming back to life, I know fully understand the implications of this curse.

It's time for me to forget this tale of lost love and epic betrayl, so tomorrow I will turn over a new leaf. I'm covering my tracks, making sure there will be no trail to my new whereabouts. It's the perfect place for me, really. I'll be marketing the Arctic Circle for a private investor- taking pictures of various scenery and vacation hot spots all the while showcasing the beauty of the changing seasons.

While they have agreed to pay me handsomely, I have also advertised myself as an interior designer. I hadn't expected much from the desserted tundra of Alaska, but I've already secured my first client. As fate would have it, my marketing investors have cousins from Washington who just so happen to be relocating to Denali as well.

This prosperous family of 9, have graciously hired me to redecorate the entirety of their generous estate. As I look forward to this exciting journey a head of me, I can't help but wonder what may be instore and just exactly who is this family, the Cullen's...

☆☆☆= Evelyn's POV
》》》= Emmett's POV
♤♤♤= Klaus' POV

*Disclaimer and Copyright- I do not own anything that has to do with Twilight or The Originals. However, I reserve the full rights to this story line and my official character Evelyn "Evie" Elizabeth Webster. All rights reserved. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law. *