Chapter Thirteen

Harry's P.O.V

I can’t believe I hit Niall. I don’t know what took over me but I was done with Jason. I ended up at the hospital that Louis was at and I took a deep breath. I need to see if he is okay.

            The doors to the entrance opened swiftly and the smell of disinfectant filled my senses. I never liked the smell after coming here a lot this year. I walk aimlessly up to the front desk and a girl not much older than Louis smiled lightly at me.

            “Hello sir, what can I help you with?” Even though she seemed tired, she still was very cheerful. That made me a little bit better. “I-I am looking for Louis Tomlinson.”

            She nodded and typed in something on the computer in front of her. Her face paled slightly and I got extremely worried. “Mr. Tomlinson is in the ICU right now and only close family members are allowed to see him.” She gave me a sad look and my heart dropped. He was hurt that bad to be in the ICU?

            “B-But I am his boyfriend! Can I please see him? His family doesn’t care about him; he is the only thing I have.” I pleaded helplessly. I have to be able to see him, or no one will then.

            She nodded and put her hand on mine which was on the counter. “It’s going to be okay. He is on floor 6 in room 210.”

            “Thank you so much. What’s your name?” She seemed so nice that I think I will thank her for everything later.

            “My name is Jade.” She smiled slightly and shooed me away to see him. I rushed to the elevator and hit the right floor of the hospital and waited patiently for it to stop. The doors opened and walked a faster pace.

            I found it and my heart broke. The curtains were drawn so I couldn’t see through the window. But one part of it wasn’t covered and I looked through it to see something so mortifying.

            Louis had an oxygen mask around his nose and mouth. His hair was limp and lifeless that the red in it couldn’t make it pop out. His face was as almost transparent and just…not him.

            “L-Louis, please tell me you are okay.” I felt tears in my eyes when he didn’t respond. I knew he wouldn’t respond; I just want him to be okay.

            “You are Mr. Styles?” A guy in his mid 50’s asked me. He was where a white lab coat on with three buttons enclosed on it. I nodded numbly and he gave me a sympathetic look.

            “Well, Mr. Tomlinson is in a coma due to a head injury. His side was stitch by a cut that was deep in his side. We found out that the object that has done the injury was a piece of metal. He had a broken jaw, which was repositioned. He also has two broken ribs. Now, you don’t have to answer this but, what happened?”

            I took in everything that was wrong. Jason actually cut him with a piece of metal? That’s a new low for him. “A few guys ganged up on him while he was visiting me at UNI. He said he had to go to the toilets so when a few friends said that he was shaking, I knew he was having a panic attack. Before he stopped breathing he told…he told me that his head was hit to the wall. Before I came here, the guy that we thought hurt him confronted me and told me that he did. Please tell me that he is okay? I can’t lose him; I love him so much…” My voice started to crack as I tried my hardest to tell him.

            “We are unsure when he will wake up but if he does make sure you call us. His heart his a little bit unstable so if anything you think something bad is happening just call us.” With that, he left the room and I pulled a chair up to the bed.