Chapter 1: Girls, party... what the hell!

Present Day...

"Five!"

"Four!"

"Three!"

"Two!"

"Wait for it!...."

"ONE!!!!!!"

"Happy new year!"

Since everyone is busy kissing their dates and partners to death. I take the time to stare at the fireworks. The sky lights up in some amazing patterns, bursts, and splatters in vibrant colors of blues, greens, golds, reds, purples, yellows, and oranges. Now if I could only find a pair of nice lips to plant mine on. Heck even my brother Mark is getting some lip action and he does not even have a girlfriend, I do. Where is mine?

Somewhere in the crowd, Is my guess. She went off to the bathroom. It has been over five minutes but being a girl she has ten more things to do than just pee and get it over with. You would swear there was a spa and salon in every ladies' room for the amount of time they spend in there and for the way they look when they come out.

At least the fireworks are wonderful. Beautiful start to the year. Makes me think of how bright the new year is going to be. My only resolution is to be myself. Lame but it is better not to make plans I might not see through. I'm no saint but if I went around saying this was the start of me being a better version of my old nasty self it might come back to bite me in the ass. This was me and my lifestyle varied from a good day at school to a good day to get locked up. At least that's what my best pal Johnathan used to say

"Get out of my way!"

Knowing who that voice belongs to, I turn and train my eyes on the parting crowd to my left.

"Jared!"

Well, it was beautiful while it lasted. My darling Angelica storms towards me. Mad as ever and I bet I know why.

She shoves something bright into my face. "What is this?"

I push her hand away. "What the hell Angie?"

"Answer me!" She barks. "Whose picture is this?"

Not even five minutes into the new year and she has managed to destroy that new year feeling of bliss. Then again it could be worse.

"Really Angelica?"

"Yes really, who are these whores, and why tha hell they messaging you?"

This is my life. The chronicles of having a loudmouth and always jealous girlfriend. This here is episode 47 a new year special complete with an audience, music, and fireworks for dramatic effect. The only other person who has ever seen this side of her was Mark. They are mortal enemies because of it. Something must have ticked her off.

"What are you doing with my phone?" I did not even realize that she took it. I get so caught up in my head at times.

"Telling these bitches you off limits!" She opens a contact. "Lisa says how about we meet and catch up... Oh and I miss you, babe."

She begins recording a voice note. "Listen up bitch, Jared don't want you. He's got me now so don't message, call or text him else you gon have me to deal with."

Smirking I pull her towards me and kiss her. Something about her being so territorial drives me crazy sometimes. I do not entertain my ex's with their ideas of us hooking up again they always come back. I changed my dirty ways. I only date one girl at a time. Instead of having various non-committed flings. It is a lot less sex but there comes a time in a man's life when the flame of conquest simmers. I Jared Warren, former baller was at that stage. I wanted to have a meaningful something with someone. Does Angie know that it is not my fault that all these old flames keep looking for something? Yes, she does. I tell her all the time.