Chapter 19: Break, Breaking, Broken

"I swear if you touch that I will kill you."

I smirk at her attempt to threaten me. She looks so cute trying to glare at me with dagger-like eyes. I circle the pizza with my eyes trained on her.

She takes a step toward me. "Uh uh uh, I'd stay put if I were you."

She groans and stomps her foot with a pout. I laugh, I have to record her one of these days. This is too adorable to commit to just memory.

"Jared I will beat you senseless."

"With those scrawny arms." I teased moving closer to the pizza. "I'll take my chances." I grin.

"Jared Anthony Warren."

I smile and pick up the pepperoni pizza. Its cheesy goodness has the sharks in my stomach acting up.

"Okay fine, please Jared." She pleads. "Please, please, please Jay Jay."

That almost catches me. All that begging mixed with pouting and eyelash batting. She gets me all the time with that but hey this is pizza we are talking about. The last warm and delicious slice. I have to stand my ground on this. "I'm not falling for that." I raise the pizza to my mouth.

She flips her hair and sighs. "How about a kiss."

I freeze. Did she just say what I think I heard her say? "A kiss?"

"Yeah, a nice big one."

I admit she threw me off guard and if she was standing closer she could have snatched the pizza and run a good distance away. I would do anything to feel her lips on mine again. I smirk as the shock has finally worn off. "Hmmm... On one condition."

She narrows her eyes at me. "What."

"I want it on the lips." There was no way she would agree to it.

Her eyes widen for a bit and she walks closer to me. Holy pizza slice. "Fine, just as long as I get my pizza."

I bite off a piece of the pizza and hold the remainder to my back.

"Jared!" She yells.

"How else do you think you're getting any of my pizza?"

"That's disgusting."

"Mmmm this is so good." I tease. Taking another bite.

She steps up to me. She moves her hands and at first, I think she has caught on and is going to reach for the pizza behind me but then she puts her hand on my shoulders and reaches for my lips.

I can't tell you how many times my heartbeat is skipping right now because I lost count at fifty. She has no idea what she does to me and at times like this, I do not mind.We stop and I roll my eyes pretending to be annoyed. "Next time I'm chewing it all up."If only she knew then.