Chapter 15: Hurricane

"What if they don't like me?"

Mark laughs and I groan and I start knocking my head against the wall.

"Where is my camera when I need it." He pipes.

I knew I should not have gotten him that bloody camera for his last birthday. I snap my head towards him, my face was stricken with horror "Mark I will hit you."

He just laughs. "The look.." He falls on the floor. "The look on your face." Not only does he start clutching his stomach he adds rolling about to his act. "You...should... You should see it."I return to the fling with my bedroom wall. I do not want to see it. After Shane told me it was time to meet the twins I was all for it. My little offsprings. I was excited and proud. Until two this morning that is.

I am meeting my children. I have children. They are mine. Flesh and blood. I had a hand in the creation of two lives. Me, Jared the baller. The irresponsible jerk. The carefree right hook giving asshole has children. Since that realization, I have become a nervous wreck. It is weird. I feel sick. I do not know what to expect. They are just kids. But still, it has me pacing about and worrying my ass off. I called Shane at four this morning and even though she said I would be okay she laughed just like Mark is doing now.

It is pretty ridiculous, I have fathered two kids for nearly three years now, I just did not know it. They could resent me for not being there after all they are not newborns. Shut up fool. Two-year-olds do not hate. Do they? Besides all that, I am Jared Warren. Everybody loves me. I am the charmer of all trades. My kids can't be immune to that right? All this and a mountain of questions have made it impossible for me to think straight and go back to my much-loved sport of sleep.

What do I tell them? What do I do with them? What are they like? What will I be like? Will they like me? What are they gonna think of me?

A hand touches my shoulder. "Come on Jay. They will love you."

I look at him. Or worse case in which they could run away from me screaming. I am just a stranger to them after all.

"If you don't snap out of this I will call mom and a camera."If he calls mom in here I will never hear the end of her Jared and something about responsibility speech. Since I made her swear to let me deal with Angelica and the presumed baby. She just gives me this stern look but as soon as I pull out the baby pictures of her grandkids on my phone she gets all googly-eyed and that is far worse than suspicious mom.

"Shut up. I'd like to see you with your kids."

He shrugs. "Unlike you, I'll be a man about it."

"Ha, you'll faint as soon as you see the head pop.."

Mark covers his ears and moves away from me. "Uhhhh dude gross, shut up!"It's my turn to laugh now. It feels damn good too. "What's the matter afraid of a little bloody vag......"

He points at me warningly. "Don't finish that sentence, Jared."