Trading Lives [1]

Hey guys! I hope everyone enjoys the story. I'm very nervous about putting this up because I'm always embarresed about my work. So if you guys would please give me any feedback, I would greatly appreciate it! :D  

Btw, the picture on the right is Sebastian.                                                         

                                                          Trading Lives

       “Loser!” A guy said as he walked by me. I dropped my head, letting the hair fall to cover my face.

       A girl from the cheerleading team snorted as I walked by her locker. She flipped her hair and turned to the other girls with her.

       “What a freak! How does she even live looking like that!” She told them and giggled.

       I should be used to this by now, but in all honesty, I’m not. These kids have been teasing me since the sixth grade. They all thought I was a freak because I wore glasses and hid underneath baggy clothes. I never did anything with my hair or face. I would just get up in the mornings, put some clothes on, and go to school.

       My best friend, Kim, has been begging me to let her give me a makeover. Kim is a sporty blonde, who is head cheerleader of the cheerleading team. I don’t know why she chose to be my best friend, because I am defiantly not popular and completely against the absurd sport called cheerleading. We are complete opposites. She was so out there, and I really wasn’t. I kept to myself because of my self esteem issues.

       I used to not be like this. Back when I was a little kid, I had a very happy life. I was surrounded by family, a lot of friends, and money. My family had been consisted of my mother, father, big brother, and little sister. That was until a car crash took my little sister and dad when I was twelve. My mom was lucky to survive such a horrible thing.

       When I turned sixteen, something happened that changed my life forever.

                                              ~*~*~*~*~* Flashback *~*~*~*~*~*

       “Damn kids done pulled a prank on me.” My boss, Travis, complained. A pile of smoothie was sitting on the top of his messy brown hair. I watched as some of the smoothie began to run down his face.

       I stifled a laugh. “What did they do this time?”

       He shot me a glare as he made drinks for the next customer. “A group of young boys thought it would be funny if they did something to the smoothie they ordered. They called me over and complained that there was a feather in there smoothie-”

       “A feather… really?” I raised a brow.

       “Yes, a feather!” He seethed. “They handed it to me so I could look in it. Well, I did, and guess what it did?”

       “What?” I asked as a grin spread across my face.

       “It exploded!” He slapped his forehead with his free hand. “How could I be so stupid. Of course there wouldn’t be a feather in their freaking smoothie.”

       "Well, it is April Fools. You know how vicious those jokes can get." I shrugged.

       I was going to pat his shoulder comfortingly, but decided against it. The smoothie was now running down his whole upper body.

       “Get me a mop, would ya?” He asked. “There is a mess on the floor where it happened.”