Trading Lives [2]

I walked through the long, empty hallways of my school as the music was pounding from the gym. Cheers of girls filled my ears and I rolled my eyes. I had no desire to see my brother’s band play since all of them bully me.

“Hey you!” A stern voice yelled.

I turned around to see an angry man walking towards me. He was a middle aged man with gray hair. He wore a suit that told me he was a teacher. He must be new since I never see him around here.

“Um, yes?” I asked.

“You’re suppose to be in the gymnasium. No student should be meandering through out the hallways.” He pointed a finger in my face.

“Fine.” I shrugged, walking away from him and towards the gym.

A teacher shouldn’t even be that pissed at me for walking through the halls. He was so furious that a blood vein was threatening to pop. His face was a color of red with a purplish tent.

As soon as I began to open the door, he was beside me. He was smirking and then he turned to the other door that led into the gym. He walked through it, leaving me with a look of bewilderment.

I shook my head in disbelief and went into the gym. Each side of the bleachers were filled with screaming teenagers. I spotted Kim in the left bleachers and started making my way towards her.

“I sure do miss this.” Pete said, coming out of no where. He began walking beside me and I couldn’t hide the smile on my face.

“I can’t talk right now Pete. People will think I’m a freak for talking to myself.” I stated with my head down so people didn’t see me talking to an empty space.

“Too late.” He snorted.

The smile disappeared from my face and I shot him a glare. He laughed and ruffled my hair.

“Would you stop that.” I said in annoyance.

He ignored me and looked at the band playing in the middle of the gym. “They’re really good.”

I rolled my eyes while I watched them as well. I noticed that my brother was glaring at me and I arched an eyebrow. Why was he glaring at me so hatefully?

“Your brother is looking at me.” Pete said.

“No, he’s looking at me dummy! I’m the one that can see the dead, remember?”

“Whatever. And that lead singer is staring at you too. I thought you guys didn’t like each other?”

I turned my attention to Sebastian to find him staring at me again while he sang.

“I think he likes you! Ooh!” Pete said in a girly voice and chuckled. “Think about it. He’s staring at you as he sings a song about love.”

“Why would someone like him like me?” I mumbled under my breath.

I approached the bleachers and made my way up them to get to Kim. She was waving her hands around like an idiot to get my attention. People near her were giving me looks of disgust.

“Chelsea!” Kim sang and threw her arms around my neck. “It’s about time you came in here! Where were you?”

I shrugged and pulled away. “Oh, just roaming around like usual.”

“Your brother looks so hot playing that guitar.” She gushed as her blue eyes twinkled in admiration.

I slapped my forehead gently and shook my head. “That’s so gross. Maybe you shouldn’t spend the night anymore.”