Trading Lives [6]

“Popcorn?!” I called.

“Check.” James confirmed.

“Sodas?!”

Kim held up the cans of Pepsi. “Check!”

“Awesome!” I smiled. “I’ll start the movie.”

We weren’t really watching Saw V. We were going to freak Kim out with a zombie movie.

I sat in the middle while James sat on my left and Kim sat on the other side. I clicked the play button on the remote. James and I gave each other a knowing glance as the movie begun. It started out showing absolutely nothing as peaceful music played. It was like that for several seconds until a zombie popped up, puking blood and vomit right at the camera.

“Oh, sweet baby Jesus.” Kim clutched onto my arm as I chuckled.

James and I had planned our little trick earlier before Kim came over. Jared had agreed to become part of the whole plan. We spent an hour or two giving Jared a complete zombie makeover.

To make the trick successful, James and I had to pretend to be terrified like Kim would be.

As it got further into the movie, we were all clinging onto each other. Kim was so scared, her nails were digging into my skin.

“This is so scary.” James stated in his fake ‘terrified’ voice.

“I told you! Zombie’s are terrifying creatures!” Kim glared over at him.

I ignored both of them as I ate my popcorn. What I wanted to do was laugh at the movie, but it would ruin the plan.

A really scary scene was coming on and Kim was staring at in complete horror. Then, according to the plan, the front door was creaking open.

“Guys, what is that?” Kim asked, looking around frantically. “Chelsea, didn’t you say your mom and uncle were upstairs?”

“Yeah, they were there before I started the movie.” I answered, staring at her in fake bewilderment. Truth was, mom and Mike went out.

A scream came from the door and then it burst open quickly. Kim screamed and I threw my popcorn in the air to add the affect of being scared.

“Guys… guys… W-what is that?!” James demanded, staring at the figure approaching us.

James turned on the light at the far corner and Kim shrieked.

“Oh my God, I knew they would come for me!” She cried.

I gasped. “Is that what I really think it is?”

Jared had some fake blood coming out of his mouth like a zombie would in the movies. If I wouldn’t have known it was him, I think I would’ve pissed in my pants.

“What do we do!” Kim yelled frantically.

Jared started moving towards her, moaning and groaning. She screamed again and I flinched from how loud she was. We started running all over the place and Kim wouldn’t leave my side.

We ran out the front door, into the night. I was thankful the porch lights were on, or I would’ve fell down the porch steps.

“He’s not the only zombie! If there is a zombie, then there are others too!” She stated.

I tried so hard not to laugh at her. It took all of me not too. I’ve never seen her this scared before.

As planned, Jared grabbed my shoulders from behind. I screamed, reaching out for James and Kim.