43

Mood: It Is What It is // Lifehouse

.

.

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

.

.

.

ANNA'S POV

"Are you sure you didn't leave anything behind?" I asked Louis, my eyebrows furrowed in question.

"No," he shook his head, pushing his hair away from his face.

"No? What is it? Is it your charger? Did you - "

"It's you," he said sheepishly, biting his bottom lip.

That was all it took. Those two words allowed me to let my tears flow freely down my face. I covered my face with my hands, feeling overwhelmed. I didn't want Louis to leave. I didn't want him to leave me. But, at the same time, he had to leave, I had to stay.

"I guess some things aren't meant to be, huh?" I said, lifting my face from my hands.

"Whoa, whoa, what do you mean?" He asked, reaching his arm out to me, but I took a step back. "Anna, what's wrong?"

"You mean right now or overall? Because right now everything is great. Everything is so freaking great, but as soon as you leave, it won't be great. I'll be left here with a broken heart and what's sure to be a broken promise of - "

"I don't plan on breaking my promise," he stated firmly, lowering his eyebrows, looking quite upset. "But you..."

"I didn't promise you anything,"

"Exactly," he shot back. "Exactly. I was the one who promised you I'd come back for you. I was the one who fought to keep us together while we were away from each other. I was the one that admitted I was wrong. I was the one who drove, God, I drove, like, five fucking hours just to visit you!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, Louis. I'm sorry I don't know what to do, because I've never been in a serious relationship before! I'm sorry I don't want to live in a different fucking country from my boyfriend! I just - " I stopped and took a deep breath. "Please, just go," I turned away from him, heading towards the front door.

"What?" His voice sounded small, weak, even though he had just been yelling at me a minute ago.

"Go," I said, gesturing to the car that had just pulled into the driveway.

Harry and Liam had gone out to buy food for their drive back and Louis was just waiting for them to return so they could leave.

Niall and Eric suddenly came out of my house, probably noticing that the boys had arrived. Niall pulled me into a hug, pressing a light kiss to my temple and saying a quick goodbye, before getting in the car. Liam, Harry, and I had already had an emotional goodbye moment earlier. Zayn too, except we dropped him off at the airport this morning.

"Lou, you ready?" Liam called from the driver's side. "We should get going if we want to get back before it starts raining, I checked the weather and - "

"Just a second, Liam!" Louis yelled back, his eyes not leaving mine.

"I'm gonna start making dinner. It was nice meeting you, bro," Eric said to Louis who smiled in return.

When the door closed behind my brother, Louis began again, "Anna, can we please talk about this?"

"Louis, there's nothing to talk about!" I suddenly exploded, sick and tired of it all. "Just leave!"

"Anna, please, I - "

"Louis, go," I urged him, throwing my hands up in frustration.

"Anna, I don't want to leave like this! I don't want to leave when you're mad at me!" I could hear the pleading tone in his voice, but I ignored it and turned away.

I slammed the door shut behind me, not daring to look back.

-

A/N:

So yeah...this happened...

It's all going downhill now

The song I put at the beginning is perfect for this chapter okay listen to it it's so gOOD

Thank you for 60k!!! ♡♡♡

PS: don't expect another update for another few days