1.

"we need an antidote."

-
Lulu.

Chewing the edge of my black, inky biro pen, I drummed my fingernails against the wooden desk, contemplating of what my conclusion should consist of on a letter that was soon going to be sent to an adequately recognised newsagent which went by the name of 'Savannah Morning News'. It had taken me ages to discover and intelligently come up with the exact right words to form into multiple paragraphs in order to grasp the manager's (and it was specifically addressed to him) attention and allow it to be so convincing it would practically be the reason of his accepting decision. This was something I dreamed of doing for quite some time but this particular idea had entered my mind when I happened to be scanning through a Jet magazine. Seeing sweet pictures of them caused my curiosity to find about them increase and increase to the point where I couldn't take it. Therefore I started to become attentive to these nagging thoughts. Why not send a letter to a newsagent, persuading the manager of getting an interview with the Jackson 5? Of course, my age (fourteen) may have stopped me from succeeding but I was confident that it wouldn't matter when he read through my detailed letter.

I hummed softly to the song of 'To Know', which appeared on the magnificent and pure album of 'Lookin' Through The Windows' that had been released three months ago. Listening to their songs just helped to ease out all of the pain, struggles and difficulty in everything that functioned in my mind. Of course, like always I couldn't decide what song I liked best but currently, I was fond of this song that was playing. Each of their individual voices left me speechless-the attention and congratulation they received was well earned and deserved. But I felt that they needed even more. They were absolutely breathtaking.

And I believe that if you do allow me to interview the Jackson 5, I will certainly make sure that the information received will definitely live up to your standards without a doubt in sight or any sense known to man. Due to me being a hardcore fan but mostly a young girl who aspires to be a writer and journalist, I have been self opinionated, (though I promise you quite humble) on the fact that this will make the interview very successful in the news. Hopefully, you will consider this letter that I have taken my time to write and give me permission to proceed with this interview.

Yours Faithfully,

Lulu.

I read over the lengthy letter numerous amounts of times to assure myself and then folded it neatly, placing the new shape of paper into a white envelope, tightly sealing it. I hadn't visited Savannah's Morning News as regularly as I used to; the manager, whose name was Anthony, I had never seen, or perhaps I did but didn't pay that much attention to, so I had no idea of what to expect. His personality and the outcome too. Maybe I was worrying too much-maybe it'd all be alright.

No-one knew I had decided to write a letter to the newsagent as I didn't want to come across as complacent and then suddenly find out my letter got rejected. But to be honest, I couldn't really trust any of my friends. They were quick to blatantly keep secrets from me, not caring if I was bothered or not. But through a few years of practice, I had stopped becoming sensitive and told myself that I was caring about people who didn't care about me- and they didn't matter at all to me anymore. My family...were a little spontaneous. You didn't really know what to expect at times and occasionally, I felt embarrassed to be honest with them. Though I had a feeling that soon, they would all find out.

Smoothing my turquoise flared jeans as I raised from my seat, I grabbed a few cashew nuts from the glass bowl and placed them one by one into my mouth, making my way towards the door, eagerly glancing at the bright red letterbox that stood a few metres away from my home. This was it. Walking into the warm sunshine brought a wide smile onto my face and I was sure the the weather was reflecting what I was feeling. Skipping joyfully towards my destination, I excitedly daydreamed about the possibilities of this happening. Being with the Jackson boys would be so sensational; I'd seriously wouldn't know what to do if I got the interview. This meant everything to me.