Chapter 8: New Life

Emily's POV

I have been living with my dad, Elliot, for about a month now. It has been awesome. I haven't had to worry about getting hurt or yelled at. When my dad is at work, I watch Netflix to catch up on my shows. I am addicted to House, New Girl, and Daredevil right now. I usually alternate between those shows. I have a lot to catch up on because my mom never let me watch TV. My dad let me do an online school, so I didn't have to go back and deal with people making fun of me. I would watch a couple episodes and then do some of my school and homework, then watch more of my shows. My dad usually comes home for lunch so we can eat lunch together and we watch one of the shows we like to watch together. Usually its Walking Dead or Game of Thrones. Sometimes Olivia comes over and we all talk and hang out. I looked at the time and saw that it was almost lunch time. I picked up my phone and noticed that my dad was calling me. 

"Hey dad, what's up?" I answered. 

"Hey sweetie. I will be a little late to lunch. Just got to finish something really quickly, but I will be over within the hour." He told me.

"Ok, I understand. See you soon. Love you dad." I said.

"Love you too Emily." He said. I ended the call and went back to my homework assignment. It only took me a couple of minutes to finish my math assignment so I walked into the kitchen and decided to   make some lunch for my dad and I. Since I never really learned how to cook much, I found a box of macaroni and cheese and made that. I made some chicken nuggets and french fries and put some on a couple plates. I chuckled at the childish lunch I made and waited for my dad to get home. I heard somebody at the door soon after I finished making the lunch. The door opened and I walked over to see my dad, Olivia, and Fin. 

"Hey sweetie." My dad said as he kissed me on the cheek. 

"Hey dad, Olivia, and Fin." I said to them. I walked over and hugged Olivia then Fin. 

"I made some lunch." I smiled proudly. 

"Really? What did you make?" My dad asked smiling. 

"Macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets, and french fries." I said proudly. My dad chuckled at my answer.

"I never learned how to cook besides easy foods like that." I giggled.

"I can teach you." Olivia smiled at me. 

"Really?! Thanks!" I smiled. We all walked in the kitchen and I made two more plates. I walked to the table and handed a plate to Olivia and Fin, then got my plate as well as my dad's. I sat down and began eating my food. As we were eating, we all talked about random things, like shows and music. 

"How is your online school going?" Olivia asked me.

"It is going well, I finished my math assignment before making lunch." I replied. 

"That's good." She smiled at me. 

"I am done for the day, so now I can watch my shows." I smiled. They all laughed and we talked for about another half an hour before they had to go back to work. I said goodbye to each of them and locked the door behind them. I walked back into the living room and turned on my dad's Xbox. I clicked on Netflix and decided I wanted to watch another Episode of Daredevil. I looked at the time after awhile and realized that I had watched about five episodes and my dad would be home from work soon. I giggled realizing In was so into my show that I lost track of time. I yawned so I decided to take a short nap before my dad would get home. I got on the couch, laid down, and put the blanket over my body. I snuggled up with the blanket and turned on my music on my phone. I set my phone in the coffee table and closed my eyes and soon drifted off into a deep sleep.

----

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated this story in forever. I wanted to write a new part for you guys, so I quickly edited all the other chapters so I could write another part. I am going try and finish editing more of my other story, Reunion, tomorrow. I hope you like this part. It's a quick chapter. Sorry if it is bad. I will try to update another one in the next couple of days. Hope you like this chapter. Thank you for all the support, reads, votes, and comments, it means a lot! Don't forget to comment what you think. Leave some feedback, if you have any suggestions you can comment here or message me, I am open to suggestions. You guys are amazing! Also let me know if you would read an Avengers fanfic by me. I am also thinking about maybe writing an Avengers/ Marvel preferences book. Let me know what you think!