{Pandora Hearts} ℱℴℓℓℴω ℳℯ ∂ℴωη {Retrace: 3}

Footsteps sounded out as the group of four walked down the cemented pathways around the mansion in which Oz's coming-of-age ceremony would be held at. The place was huge, and in two days Oz and company were still finding new areas to explore and play in.

Several weeks had passed since Oscar had found Isla and brought her into the Vessalius household where she met the blond boy, Oz, his little sister, Ada, and Oz's timid little servant with black hair named Gilbert. At first Isla had attempted to keep to herself, mostly out of shyness and a fear and confusion of not knowing where she was, why she was here, where Reks was, and why she was now back to being thirteen instead of twenty-four.

Oz, however, had taken it upon himself to pester the girl over and over again until she had slowly begun to open up and play with he and Gilbert more often than not. However, at times it was annoying as Isla would find herself worrying about Reks' whereabouts and if she was okay or not and in would come Oz to bully her - in much the same fashion that Reks used to which would only further sour Isla's mood in those moments.

Now the group had taken to exploring the mansion's grounds that day, before Oz's ceremony that would take place later that night. In truth, Isla was highly curious - but apparently she and Ada would not be able to attend, due to not being fifteen. This had made Isla huff, if she had been her true age this wouldn't have been an issue....

"Hey, brother..." Ada speaks up, breaking the silence as she held onto her elder brother's hand. Her little mind had been occupied with thoughts of Uncle Oscar's threat if Oz didn't behave and she couldn't wrap her mind around it. With a 'hmmm?' Oz prompted Ada to continue on. "What's the Abyss?"

At that word alone, 'Abyss', Isla's throat seemed to close of its own accord. That had been part of that strange white girl's name. 'Intention of the Abyss.' Would she finally be able to get a piece of the puzzle to figure out what had happened? Isla hoped so and she listened intently, waiting for Oz's answer.

Gilbert glanced over at Isla as she gulped and his brow furrowed. The girl was looking awfully pale, was she alright? He'd have to make sure she didn't faint or anything...

"It's a prison where they lock up bad people!" Oz answers after a moment of thought, mulling over how to answer his little sister. "They say you can never escape once your sent there."

Isla's brow furrowed in confusion at this. But hadn't that been where that demonic vulture had taken her and Reks? If that's the case than how did she and Reks get out? It looked like Isla was only going to be left in even more confusion.

"Is that like in that book?" Ada continues, turning to smile at Gilbert who nodded. Oz had taken the time to stop and plop himself down upon the step they had come across, opening the package his uncle had given him before the group had run off from Mrs. Kate to keep playing.

"Yes." Gilbert answered, smiling back at Ada. "They say that a messenger of the Abyss visits those who have committed deadly sins and takes them away to a terribly frightening place!"

Isla swallowed the lump in her throat at these words. Whatever this Abyss was, the part that she had been dragged to with Reks had been scary enough. She'd rather not know what else had been there lurking around... "Hey, can we change the topic, please?" Isla pipes up, smiling nervously and clutching her shaking hands to her chest. A thought she had had before had crossed her mind once again as Gilbert had spoken; What if Reks didn't get out?

She didn't want to think of that thought. This was Reks she was thinking about, after all. The same woman who often told her that she'd do anything to protect Isla and often stated "Please! Not even a little thing like the End of the World can take me out!" So why worry so much?