{Pandora Hearts} ℱℴℓℓℴω ℳℯ ∂ℴωη {Retrace: 6}

Gilbert's fists clenched around the fabric of his pants legs as he awaited his arrival to the Nightray mansion. No one blamed him for Oz's descent into the Abyss, but the poor boy couldn't help but blame himself - he should've been able to help Oz, in his view. That was his job, after all! To keep his Master safe!

But now Oz was gone and Gilbert had failed...

And so he had left the Vessalius house leaving behind a note for Oscar and Isla to read (even with a bit for Ada that would have to be read to her) while he had left quietly.

He felt like a pathetic runaway....

The carriage stopped and Gilbert's gaze lifted from his lap to the window showing the Nightray mansion. He swallowed the lump in his throat before standing and picking up his suitcase, filled with his belongings before exiting the carriage. Anxiousness caused his heart to race.

He was hear to help Oz come back, somehow, someway he would get Oz out of the Abyss. Not to mention he would help Break keep an eye on the Nightrays, get information for him....

Of course he had also been warned of another here, adopted into the ducal family as well, who would be helping him keep an eye on everyone with Gilbert for Break. He hadn't received a name or an appearance of who this other child was, but Break had smiled a strange, almost taunting smile as he had mentioned this child before he had made his way off and away from Gilbert and Isla days prior to this...

"This way." called a maid's soft voice, causing Gilbert to nod and unsurely follow her up the steps into the mansion. His heart beat wilder and wilder as he was lead further into mansion. It seemed as if the maid was leading them around much too slowly - or maybe that was just Gilbert's anxiety speaking.

What was his brother like? What did he look like? Who was this other child Break had mentioned? So many questions floating around Gilbert's head and no answers... yet....

"Oi," called a lazy voice, followed by a crunching sound drawing the maid and Gilbert to a stop to stare at the source of the sudden sound. There stood a young girl, a year or two younger than Gilbert, if appearance was anything to go by. She was standing with a hand on her hip and an apple in hand - the source of the crunching sound.

"Oh, Lady Reks, are you up to no good again?" the maid chastised lightly, a suspicious look in her eyes as she glanced at the still yellowed bruise marks that had yet to fully disappear.

Another crunch as Reks bit into the apple, chewing only slightly before choking the large bite down her throat. "Nah~ I just wanna give my new big brother a hug~" she taunted, and the way she had said 'big brother' made Gilbert grow wary. It was clear Reks was mocking him, however she still made her way towards the boy, causing him to tense and worry to flash through him.

What was she planning?

Even the maid seemed to grow worried, shifting closer to Gilbert. It was a known fact that Reks liked to pick fights, it wouldn't be surprising if she threw a sucker punch at Gilbert instead of actually hugging him as she claimed to want to.

Instead, however, Reks did in fact throw her arms around the boy's shoulders and gave him a hug. Gilbert blinked in surprise, before awkwardly returning it, letting his suitcase fall to the floor to do so.

"Uh-uhm...."

"The best place to look for information first is the little brat, Vincent, big brother." she whispered into his ear, not allowing the maid to hear these words. In fact the maid seemed to be ecstatic that Reks was showing affection to her newest brother instead of fighting him as it had been predicted she would do by many of the other servants and maids who had become accustomed to Reks antics.