{Pandora Hearts} ℱℴℓℓℴω ℳℯ ∂ℴωη {Retrace: 4}

"Oz!" The boy blinked, turning his green gaze towards his Uncle who waved enthusiastically for him to come join him and the group of people he was with as the boy had entered the building out of the rain. Beside him stood Ada and Isla, smiling happily about Oz's ceremony. Beside them stood a newcomer, smiling warmly at Oz as he came over. Her long blond hair was pull back with a ribbon, her face framed by strands of hair left loose intentionally. She adorned a frilly purple dress for that evening.

"Ah, Oz," Oscar smiles down at the boy as he joined the small group. "Allow me to introduce you. This is the granddaughter of Duchess Rainsworth, Lady Sharon Rainsworth."

Sharon curtsied, holding the folds of her skirt up just high enough to keep them from trailing on the ground as she did so before smiling back up at Oz who began to flush pink. Isla, spotting this, stifled a giggle behind her hand as Sharon began to speak;

"Pleased to make your acquaintance, Sir Oz." Sharon had a soft-spoken voice, filled with kindness that matched the smile on her face.

Oz began to stutter and stammer a reply out and this only caused Isla to have to try harder to stifle her laughter behind her hands. Even Oscar was smiling nervously at Oz's behavior, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly.

"U-um, will you be attending my party as well?" Oz finally manages; it was clear the boy was nervous about meeting Sharon.

"No, in truth my mother should be here, but because she fell ill yesterday I am here to apologize in her place," Sharon admitted, glancing away slightly at this admission. "I do wish I could attend in her place, but I have yet to turn fifteen."

Oz's face flushed even more, an excitement in his eyes. "Don't look too happy about that, Oz." Isla taunted, raising a brow at Oz. The boy was infamous for flirting with pretty girls, but she had never seen him act like this in the few weeks she had known him. It was fairly humorous, however, so Isla wasn't complaining.

"How can I not?!" Oz answered Isla as Oscar spoke up, patting Ada on her head.

"Ada's sulking because she can't attend." And indeed, Ada was pouting, clutching her uncle's pant leg in her hands as she did so. Oz blinked, turning to Isla;

"Aren't you to youn-!!"

Oz grunted, gritting his teeth to stop from yelping as Isla stomped on his foot hard. Most people didn't know that Isla was considered to be about thirteen, she could pass as a fifteen year old so long as this information didn't slip. It had actually been Oscar's idea, having approached Isla before they entered the mansion meeting up with Sharon as they did so and Isla had been excited to attend.

Besides, she technically wasn't lying, she was technically over twenty...

"Sir Oz, I shall be fifteen in two year's time, please do dance with me then." Sharon offers humbly, turning back to Oz who began to grin and blush again as the pretty girl turned her attention on him.

"Why, yes! Certainly!" cooed Oz, striking a 'charming' pose that caused Ada, Oscar, and Isla to blink in surprise at this behavior. Like Isla, they had never seen Oz fall this head over heels for a pretty girl before, and it was a little odd.

"Well, since this part is about to begin, I regret to say that I must take my leave..." She paused as she took Oz's hand in her own gently, closing her eyes as she continued to speak, her tone taking a no-nonsense seriousness about it. "Congratulations on your fifteenth birthday from the bottom of my heart, Sir Oz."

"Aw, gee~"

"From this day forward you will have the right to attend society's functions... so many people will approach you... some will do so for your enormous wealth... others to benefit from the unknown powers of a Dukedom. And everybody will see your father in you..."