Short Chapter

Yellow gloves stick to my hands as I scrub a tub on the bottom floor in the motel. My mind is blank, focused on the number of suds I have to rinse away, but then it hits me like a truck.

I nearly fall into the tub remembering that Chester might have kissed me. No way... But did he? I stop scrubbing, sitting on the edge the tub to replay earlier on the check in desk in my head. It wasn't really a kiss, it was a peck- no, barely a peck.

His lips just grazed me, it wasn't a kiss. It was to out of nowhere, it couldn't possibly have been a kiss. It must have been platonic affection, because if he really did kiss me he would have really kiss me.

I cup my head in my hands, then reel back from the bleach still on the gloves. I'm kind of disappointed, I got myself all worked up over this for nothing. Okay, yeah, Chester is handsome, and funny, and charming, and mature, and just so many great things that make him 6'2 of greatness.

Okay, maybe I like him more than a friend. My hands tighten on the sponge, I can't get involved with my boss. Chester gave me a home, a job, a chance, and if something goes wrong he could take it away.

It doesn't matter anyway, because it wasn't a kiss to begin with.