Horror Hour 2

Opening my brown eyes I wince at Benny laying next to me on top of the sheets, so close his nose almost brushes the tip of my nose. His lifeless blue eyes bore into me, staring me down like I'm an exhibit in a museum.

 His lifeless blue eyes bore into me, staring me down like I'm an exhibit in a museum

"I haven't slept for years..." He mumbles. I want to put space between us, but I know it will hurt his sensitive feelings, and set him off. I force my body to not move a muscle, trying to keep Benny and I at ease.

"What does it feel like to sleep? I forgot." He says quietly. My heart melts for the tortured soul. Even after death he's in pain.

"Peaceful, and cozy." I answer, and Benny nods understandingly. His blue eyes water, making me stiffen. Shit, is he going to go off?

"I want to sleep." He says. I feel like he's not just talking about sleep, he wants to rest. I slowly rise out of the bed, immediately making the bed. After losing my job I wondered to the motel, and actually found myself knocking on Benny's door. Fortunately he let me in, and stay the night.

"Chester came in here earlier, but he let you sleep instead." I stiffen at Benny's words, my stomach knotting up.

"Oh?" Is the only thing I can manage. Benny walks up to me, and points at the corner of my mouth.

"He kissed you right here." He adds, and my face turns pink.

"I have to shower." I mumble.

"Did I say something wrong?" Benny's voice cracking. Shit, I subconsciously shut down, I have to be more careful or it'll set him off.

"No, you did nothing wrong." I say, giving him a gentle smile. I don't know what scared Benny so badly when he's alive, but he's emotionally crippled.

"I need a shower, I must stink." I joke.

"I don't know, I lost my sense of smell when I died." He states, making my face crumble.

"Oh... Well, maybe that's a good thing when Chester cleaned." I say. I don't think Benny knows how to smile, but the corner of his mouth twitches.

"I'm gonna go shower now, okay?" I say, and Benny nods understandingly. Locking myself in the bathroom, I start the shower. Good thing I cleaned it. The motel is probably going to go back to crap since I'm not the maid anymore.

I sigh as I pull off my clothes, remembering everything from last night. I have to figure out what I'm going to do from here, I'm screwed. My eyes shut when I remember the kiss Chester and I had, my lips tingling with the absence of his mouth.

That actually happened... He kissed me... He fired me too...

Turning around to twist the faucets I choke down a scream. Benny sits on the toilet like he did the others day when I was cleaning.

"Benny..." I start, clutching my shirt to my chest.

"I don't want to be alone." He mumbles. He's like a lost puppy, and if I say no he'll lose it.

"Okay." I agree, climbing into the shower, and stripping behind the curtain. I guess this is how moms feels with clingy kids.

Later
Knocking clatters against the motel door, making jump off the bed.

"I'm not here." I whisper to Benny, dropping to my knees to crawl under the bed.

"I can read minds, I know you're in there." Chester's voice states from the other side. Oh right, I stand to my feet and open the door. There's no point in hiding or refusing to open the door, he could just teleport in or unlock it with his mind.

"Of all places why are you here?" Chester asks, his green eyes giving me a worried look. "You could get hurt, or worse." He adds.

"I have no where else to go." I mutter, staring down at my feet. Chester pulls out a thick envelope from his back pocket, and places it in my hand.

"Take it, it'll help you since I can't." He grumbles. I gawk at the giant wad of fifty dollar bills, there has to be at least a couple thousands dollars in here.

"Oh my god." I breathe, gawking up at him. "Chester, where did you get five thousand dollars in cash?" I ask. Chester stuffs his hands in his pocket, shrugging as he stares down at his feet.

"My life savings." My mouth drops, and my face pales. "Chester," my voice cracks.

"I can't take this." I say, shoving the money into him, but he just shakes his head.

"You need to leave." He presses.

"Chester, I swear I'll slap you with this money if you don't take it back." I say.

"Take it, Blake." Chester insists.

"Chester, I swear I'll leave right now, just keep your money." I promise, turning to go get my backpack, but Chester catches my wrist. My breathe hitches at the touch, and I fight the urge to lean into it.

"Take it, Blake. I need to know you'll be okay." He says.

"No, I'm not taking your life savings, Chester." I breathe.

"Please take it, Blake." Chester begs, his green eyes boring into me.

"No!"

"Why not?"

"Because I love you, and I'm not leaving you out here bankrupt!" I burst, Chester swoops down and kisses me hard, pinning me to the door, while his arms wound around me tightly. My eyes fall shut I kiss back, my hands clutching the collar of shirt to pull him closer.

I love you, I love you, I really love you, please don't kick me out.

"I love you too, Blake." He mumbles against my lips.

BOOM!

I jump against Chester at the sound of a ear shrieking crash. Glass soars through the air, the ground starts to rumble. Hundreds of screams and gun shots fill the air.

"What's going on?" I yell over the noise. Chester transports us to the parking lot, where the ground isn't shaking.

"Holy crap." I breathe, watching as the motel shakes as if it's in the middle of an earthquake. All the ghosts are replaying their deaths again as the building falls apart.

"What the hell is going on?!" Mason teleports next to us, only to fall silent at the sight.

"I don't know..." Chester mumbles, his eyes widening with horror. The building suddenly bursts into flames, thick black smoke filling up the sky.

"Oh no..." I breathe my hands covering my face from the horror show.

 "Benny

"Benny..." I breathe, realizing he's in there. "Benny!" I scream.