April 1

Dear Jane,

          today is april fools. im still waiting for the moment you jump out in front of me, with your sweet laughter, and yell, "April Fools!"

        jokes on me. we both you aren't coming back. it's getting harder to ignore the signs i witnessed. since i found out you left, i blocked them out. they're giving me night terrors now though, and i can't ignore them anymore.

         i saw all the signs jane, and i ignored them.

         how do you accept that the sun is no longer there? only replaced by a black hole, taking me in with you.

         the last two months you were here, including april, i knew you werent my jane anymore.

          it started out with small things, things no one would notice. of course, i did. i always did.

          you stopped doing the beautiful chocolate hair your have. it was sometimes tangled into a mess, threatening to engulf anyone who got near you. your once bright eyes were dull now, filled with agony. i couldn't breathe when you looked at me with such pain. that uplifting attitude you carried yourself with slowly vanished, disintegrated. i knew something was wrong when you never switched from your winter clothes to those sundresses you loved.

          it was humid outside jane. i saw the way your hoodies and sweaters stuck to you. i couldn't stand the heat. it made most kids wearing flimsy t shirts and shorts sweat. i still wonder how you didn't get heat stroke.

          i noticed that you winced whenever your friend claire would grab you by the wrist, and yank you along.

          i noticed it all. i even saw the pinkish scars on your wrist, and the many thin red lines thag were hardly scabbed over, traveling up your arm. it got even harder to breathe when i looked at you after i saw those fucking marks.

         no one fucking noticed, not until the last few weeks. not until you left.

        What happened to Jane?

         i never knew. i still don't. i always wonder, what did happen to my Jane?

-P