September 4

Dear Jane,

           last week i found that worn leather book, at the bottom of the box i put in storage. i could never bring myself to read the thing. it was late when i found it, or early morning depending on how you look at it.

          i felt your presence jane, when the book fell out of the box i dumped and landed open on a page that stopped my broken, unrepairable heart.

         after seeing what was written in big letters on that page, i read all night. i read everything jane, and i understand now. i wish you did.

         my room is a disaster. i cried for the first time in five years. i ripped out my drawers, throwing everything in sight. the holes in the walls aren't close to how many are in my heart.

         this is my side of the story to you jane, and i don't have anything else to say, except give you what you gave me on that open page. if there is an afterlife, you were there. i know you wanted me to see what was written on that pagein bold letters, outlined numerous times.

         there's only one thing i have to say, now that im starting college and moving away, never coming back.

         you will always be with me, no matter if i run from this fucking place or not. because i love you jane, i always have and always will. since we were five years old, ive lost myself in your bright eyes, and beautiful smile.

        now i know how you felt, and why you left.

         i love you too jane. i'll never stop loving you.

-P