✝ || 2 || ✝

The Zone is a large building made out of metal and the roof has a layer of thick carpet, which prevents the noise of heavy rain from being heard pattering against it. From the outside, it looks like a prison which metal bars on the windows, and it looks like a large, square tin can. But, inside is a whole new place. Today, the hall is bustling with people and kids. Chatter and laughter, sobs and wails, munching and giggling are all heard from across the room. We have tried to brighten the place up by sticking up little gashes of colourful cloth on the wall, by scrawling everyone's names on in bright marker pen and by painting the kids hands and placing their handprints on the walls. An aroma of meat and eggs reaches my nose, and my stomach rumbles.

"Harry." An old man walks past, nodding at me in greeting. I smile warmly, and sit down on the plastic chairs.

"Oh Harry!" a high pitched voice calls me.

Amy. I sigh, tired now from a day of constant meeting and greeting and hunting.

"Amy! Oh, hi, I heard you were calling me?" I greet, getting out of my chair.

"Oh right um, yes. Kyle and Brax and some others went to the drop off and got the supplies. This time there's 2 and a half batches of clothes. Everyone's fighting over it in the lounge and someone mentioned that you should sort it out." She sighs, gesturing towards the lounge. And no, we're not luxurious enough to have a lounge, but we have a large room with a floor that is fully covered with mismatching rugs that is adjacent to the hall. The lounge is the chill room, not that we ever have time to chill.

"Really, why me?" I ask, startled.

"Well, you are the head."

Oh, I forgot to mention one little detail- I am the head of my Sector. In other words, I lead 300 people. No pressure there. My father and his father were the heads of this sector and so it just morphed to a tradition where the heir would get it. Ironic because we are nowhere near civilised enough to have royalty in this city. Even though there's people who are more older and experienced than me, I'm proud to say that I'm well respected and admired here.

"Geez, sometimes I wish I wasn't!" I joke, but from the pity on her expression, I don't think she knows it's a joke."

"Yeah... I do understand, it's a massive weight of responsibility. And for someone as young as you, you handle it very well," she smiles slowly and pats my back.

Oh, hell no. Today's been a long, tiring day and no way am I going to have a heart to heart with big mouth Amy over here. As much as I love her, she is generally the one to spread all the gossip and I've learnt from previous mistakes to not trust her with secrets. I trust her, of course I have to trust everyone in my sector because otherwise this survival operation wouldn't run. The 3 essentials to survive in Phover: to run, kill and watch your own damn ass.

"Oh, yeah, well," I begin, trying to fumble up a good excuse to leave her, and a miracle happens as a matter of fact, I spot Kyle down the lounge gesturing for me to come, "I'd better go solve the shit." I apologize for swearing because Amy doesn't like foul language, and I head off through the masses of people to the lounge.

Ah, the lounge. The lounge is a large, not as big as the hall though, bright room with windows all across the walls. Paintings and handprints and gashes of colour are stuck on the wall, vibrant and exciting. Various types of rugs lay on the floor. Some rugs made of wool, others of cotton, others of acrylic, other of polyester, others of nylon. The rugs consist of stripes, polka dots, geometric patterns and so on, also adding a sense of liveliness to the room. Sagging, limp bean bags are set all around the room, all currently occupied by the people.

"So what's going on?" I ask, striding forward towards Kyle and Brax.

Brax looks up, and drops the bags before bowing to me. He then gets back up and he and Kyle burst out laughing. They mock me because of my high position. It's a bit funny, but I could never let them know!

"Oh, couldn't control your boner then? It's okay, I understand, dickheads," I roll my eyes before grinning.

"Bite me Styles." Brax retorts.

"Think you've got yourself covered there. I'm sure that big gob could reach your tiny dick, don't worry. I understand." I tease, and he shoots me the finger.

"Okay guys, go do your shit somewhere else," Gemma interrupts. She is a blonde haired, blue eyed angel, who has an amazing laugh. Stunning but not my type. She also has the kind of ass that looks killer in anything.

"Okay, what's the prob?" I ask.

"So the guys visited the site and there's not enough batches of clothes for everyone in the crew to get another item of clothing and we're worried that it'll cause anger from the people who don't get it and we don't know what to do," Anna, who is brown haired with grey eyes, interjects.

"Then don't."

"Don't what?"

"Just don't give it?"

"Harry, you okay there? Are you mad? A lot of people have been complaining about the state of their clothes because of the raids and hunts and everything. And I've seen it too!"

"Well, I'm sure they can survive." I firmly snap, but after seeing her stubborn expression I soften a bit and sigh. "Fine then, give it to the people who need it most like right now I don't need it so I won't take it even though I'd like to."

"But they're going to get pissed off, well the people who don't receive anything will." She insists upon the perfect solution.

"Oh, for Christ sake! What, do you want me to go to the hall and announce it or something?!" I am really tired, hungry and not in the mood for some petty issue solving.

A slow smile spreads on her face and her grey eyes crinkle. Alarm bells ring in my head as I realize that she does want me to do exactly that. I sigh.

"Yes please!" she chirps.

"Oh for fu-" I quickly check myself in time before I flip and upset her, "fine. You seriously owe me."

"I love you so much Styles!" she laughs.

"Funny, wish I could say the same."

--

A/N: Hey guys, so I said I'd update after a few days, maybe a week but instead I updated the next day. Well, that is because my amazing friend Kittengurl89 really wanted me to post and so of course, I couldn't refuse her and her wonderful charm! So anyway, how's it going so far? I hope you like it, and don't forget the constructive criticism, thanks!

-Tan Xx