⚓ - 4 - ⚓

We sprint across the muddy grass; constantly ducking and dodging bullets and people not from our sector. Rain pours just as heavy as before, and more than once Lara slipped, and she slips again.

"Careful!" I hiss, hitching her back up with my elbow as support. My two hands are both equipped- one with a gun to shoot from long range and a sword if anyone is sneaking up behind me. I know that we can't afford to slow down. We can't. Running past screaming, innocent people fleeing for their lives, a rush of guilt floods through me as I see reality: I have abandoned my people to save my own damn ass. Then I realize, no. This always happens. I am a war zone. My own battle takes place inside. And I am a war zone. I instructed my people to go to the river and I need to get there to clear the area. So I am saving people. No I'm not. I shut my eyes and pray that this self-inflicted battle stops.

"Get down!" Kyle suddenly shouts, and we all duck, running to the meter long brick wall that separates us from the river. I hear rapid gunshots and unsure of what's going through me, I stand up clearly unaware of the danger I'm putting myself in.

The men on the other side continue to shoot at us, correction, the enemy. However I save some time as they appear to be genuinely shocked by my confident gesture. In one swift movement, I draw my gun and bang bang bang. I shoot three times, hitting every guy. 3 clatters. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in. I hear a soft whistle beside me –Lara- and my teenage boy hormones cause me to look. My mistake- I looked. And one second I see Lara stood with a knowing smirk, impressed by my shots. The next, her face turns ghastly white, the smirk wipes off her face and she clatters to the floor, like an inanimate object. Horrified, I turn right and I see that there was one enemy I didn't shoot. He hid like us. And it was my fault.

I shoot him there and then. "Stupid bastard," I mutter before crouching down near Lara and see her give me a faint smile. She tries to lift a hand which draws my attention. Her hand. Her hand was shot. Looking up, I make a silent prayer and thank God. She could've died. And the guy had a rifle. A rifle, those things can do some serious damage. And I should know from experience.

Kyle immediately jumped to action and checked where it was shot- luckily it didn't hit any veins or arteries, but she'd still need to visit the medical centre. Blood poured out freely everywhere, making a mess. It was masses of flesh and skin that ripped that was visible. Everything else was masses of deep red liquid. If only I was a vampire...

"She's okay, may be out of action for a few days max." Kyle relieved us all.

"Nothing can hold me back guys, not even a wounded hand." She purrs, looking up at me through long, thick lashes.

"Classic! You're the only person to get shot in the hand but still flirt!" I shake my head, a grin on my face.

"Well, what can I say? After all, I am just the kind of charming, irresistible lady everybody wants," she raises her wounded hand and tries to flick her hair but winces.

"Okay, shut up Lara! Go get a room- well not now, but save it for later. And you Styles, what's the plan?" Brax interjects, playfully teasing us.

"Right, yes, well we gotta clear the area of any raiders. And we gotta get everyone here. Then we head to the tower."

All three of them look at me in shock.

"The tower?" they simultaneously ask.

"But.. it takes like 20 minutes to get there. We've got more chance of being exposed and killed. It's much more dangerous than waiting for them." Lara replied, saying the last word with pure disgust.

"Well would you rather wait here and let half the people get killed?" I snap. "And if our formation is right, then the mothers and children can be in the middle and all our strong people around the edges. We'll be harder to overtake and once we arrive at the tower, we'll be safe."

The Tower is on the edge of our land, and we instantly made it ours and marked it as our property by painting it all grey and black- that's our theme. Some girls even tried to dye it but it miserably failed; their hair was half grey, half black and there was no natural blend, you could see the line where grey changed to black. I've never seen anyone with actually nice grey and black hair- well oldies don't count because theirs is natural and white. The tower is hidden from view by masses of wild, swaying trees that are in a thick forest. From the ground view, the tower is not visible but from the tower, everything is visible. And it is beautiful. So if we can get there, we'll be safe and we can shoot the raiders discreetly because we'll be hidden in view. We equipped it with rugs and sofas and even some beds and dry foods as well as arming it with masses of weapons that consist of guns, knives, sword, bombs and binoculars and microscopes.

"Ugh... fine then," Lara gives in and the other two nod.

"Right, so what do we do now then?" Kyle asks impatiently.

"We wait."

A/N:

So I normally wouldn't have updates so soon but I was checking this story out for typos and I noticed that yesterday War Zone was #554 in action, now it's #579. I'm crying with tears!! please vote tysm xxx

and ik this book is very exhausting and action packed to read, so check out my other book called 'just some thoughts'. it's a journal, of someone's life and it's very deep and contrasts heavily with this, so please vote and comment as usual

ily guys xxxx

-Tan Xx

p.s I'm not fucking partying xoxoxoxoxxooxxoxooxox

#idreamofbeing #1 in action! pl