Chapter Seven

I padded from the bathroom back into our hotel room wearing just my underwear, droplets of water dripping from my hair onto my chest.

'She's into you,' Conor said mildly from his position on the room's couch.

'Huh?' I looked up, surprised.

'Chloe,' he said, grinning. 'She's got a thing for you.'

I scowled. 'Don't be absurd.'

He laughed. 'I'm not! She touches you a lot, she looks at you, she gravitates towards you.'

'You were only in the same room as her for like four minutes. That's just how she is. She was even worse with Rachel, but you didn't see that.'

Conor shrugged and held up his hands innocently. 'If you say so.'

I made another face at him. 'You're just doing this because of what Josh and I said earlier.'

He laughed again. 'I'm not, I swear. Two completely unconnected incidents.'

'Whatever.' I fell back onto the bed, propping myself up on my pillows and pretending to ignore him. He moved towards the bed slowly. 'You're just jealous. Me and Josh, me and Chloe; it's all just driving you nuts.'

'Maybe I am jealous,' he murmured silkily.

'Maybe you should do something about it,' I said defiantly; and then I did it, I gave him the look, and he crawled on top of me and pinned me to the bed with his body.

'Did you have any suggestions?' he asked, lowering his lips to my throat and kissing lightly.

'Just do whatever you want,' I breathed, arching towards him helplessly. I felt him smirk against my skin and he pressed my wrists into the pillow above my head, biting down on my throat gently. I could feel a swell of excitement building through my whole body, but was suddenly jerked back to reality with the sound of my phone beeping loudly.

I pulled my wrist out of his grip and reached for it on my bedside table. Conor dropped off and sat by my side perplexedly. 'Seriously?' he asked. 'I once couldn't get you to stop for a literal fire drill.'

'It's from Chloe,' I tried to explain, but was too busy reading the actual text to realise that wouldn't exactly be helpful.

'Oh. Well in that case.'

I laughed, looking up. 'Sorry. She wants me to meet her in the morning, she won't tell me why but it's for the whole modelling thing.'

'Will you be finished by four? Bus leaves at four.'

'I know what time it leaves. I told her.'

'Okay.'

I put the phone back down and started to crawl over him. 'Jealous again?'

He looked up at me, but this time his gaze was all fiery defiance and I felt that pull in the pit of my stomach that I always used to get when Conor angry-kissed me. I bit my lip, full of anticipation and nervousness, and whispered, 'I want you.'

———————————

I paid the driver and hopped out of the Uber, looking up at the warehouse in front of me warily. It was situated on a street in a pretty run-down looking area of town, and seemed to be sealed up pretty tight.

I fished my phone out of my shorts pocket and texted Chloe to let her know I was there, wondering why the hell she would have needed to meet me here.

A few moments later, a heavy door by the side of the building heaved open and Chloe popped her head through it. Her hair was half-covered with large rollers and she was wearing a silk robe. 'There you are!' she exclaimed, delighted, and beckoned me enthusiastically. 'Come on in!'