Chapter Eight

It was past three in the afternoon by the time the car dropped me back at the hotel and I hurried inside, making my way past the bar towards the elevators so I could quickly pack and be ready to leave by four.

'Hey!' a voice called, and I turned towards the bar to see the band and the rest of my friends spread out across two booths in there, obviously having decided to have some drinks before leaving. I made my way over to them, still not able to wipe the big smile from my face.

'Looks like it went well,' Josh remarked as Conor slid an arm around my waist and pulled me down onto his lap.

'It did,' I admitted, beaming.

'So what did it end up being?' Rachel asked. 'What did she want you to do?'

'You guys aren't going to believe me,' I said, shaking my head. 'It was a photoshoot. For freaking Calvin Klein. She made some calls and got me like a "cameo" appearance, just one shot. But I'm gonna be in their next print campaign.'

'Holy shit!' Josh exclaimed, leaning forwards, eyes wide. 'Are you serious?!"

'Yeah! And that's not all. The shoot was at the freaking Stahl House. I was in the Stahl House.'

'Oh my god,' Rachel deadpanned. 'That's insane.'

'You look a lot happier than you did after the last two photoshoots you had,' Jackson commented, grinning at me. 'I take it you enjoyed this one a bit more?'

'Yeah, it was way better. The people who were, you know, working on me,' I gestured towards my face and hair, 'were really cool and funny and gave me some really great advice. And working with Chloe was so much fun. She's like a freaking superstar, everybody loves her. And the guy who was in charge of the shoot gave me his card and said he wants to work with me again.'

'That's amazing,' Rachel cooed, beaming at me as my phone vibrated in my pocket. I took it out and saw it was a text from Chloe.

Hey! Okay I know it seems like I'm having separation anxiety or something but I forgot to tell you I asked Maya to take some pics of us on my phone while they were shooting and I wanted to send you this one because we both look hella fine in it. I had so much fun today, I'm really glad you enjoyed yourself. Safe trip to SF! xxx

Chloe Watson 15:23

The phone buzzed a second time as the photo came in and I realised Maya must have been standing directly behind the photographer because it was dead on, just like the official shot was going to be.

'Oh hey, look. One of the stylists took this,' I said, turning my phone so my friends could see.

Josh took it from me and looked at it closely for a minute before passing it to Rachel and saying, 'Gay for you again,' casually.

'This is intense,' Rachel said, gazing at the picture. 'You guys look great.'

Philip and Daniel had stood up and were looking at the picture over Rachel's shoulder, scowling. 'That's it,' Daniel said with finality. 'I'm quitting the band and becoming a model. Everything they told me about being a rockstar was lies. Modelling is where the girls are at.'

'You have to be attractive to be a model,' Sally interjected dryly, earning herself a high five from Rachel and more scowling from Daniel.

'I better go pack,' I said, standing up and taking my phone back from my friends.

'I already did that for you,' Conor said, stand up as well. 'But we should go get our bags from our rooms and bring them down, the bus will be here soon.'