Chapter 7: He Does What!?

Your (POV)

Warm sunlight shined on my face as I woke up. I got my messenger bag on the edge of my bed and pulled out my schedule. Sweet! I have no classes today. As I focused on the piece of paper, a knock came from my door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's Painter. Open up."

"OK just give me a minute." I say as I looked myself in the mirror.

I was wearing an oversized white T-shirt and some black shorts. My hair looked decent enough. I sigh at my appearance and head to the door. I open it and see Helen shirtless but in black PJs. He looks like he works out a lot.

"Like what you see?" He smirked.

"Nope. I'm used to players." I mocked. He just laughed.

We stood there for a while just looking into each other's eyes. Silence filled our ears with its sweet moments.

"Well um anyway. I was wondering if you would like to go with me on a walk in the park. After that, we are going to star gaze at night." He perked breaking the silence. He sounds like something is bound to happen but what?

"Okay. When do we leave?" I ask getting my brush off the dresser.

"In two hours. So it's a date?" He chuckles.

I nod and giggle. He waves me goodbye, heading to his bedroom to get ready. I took a trip to my closet and opened up the doors. The creaks always make me relieved in a mysterious way. I looked for something that would fit today's weather. After five minutes of looking, I pulled out this outfit

 After five minutes of looking, I pulled out this outfit

and went to the bathroom. I changed my clothes and looked myself in the mirror. My hair is a total mess. With the brush still in my hand, I take it over my hair and run it down smoothly. The tangles that were there, are there no more. I set the brush on the sink and pulled out some make-up I took from my... family.

"No stop it! They never deserved you! They never will!" I yelled to myself.

This is too much. Ever since I changed my phone number, they haven't been trying to call me or trying to find me. My sister was right. They never loved me and they never will. But who cares!?! I live with murderers who also are my family. A tear slipped from my face but I wiped it off. I put on some lipstick and mascara. I took my phone from my messenger bag and headed to living room. I sat on the couch and watched Ben and Jeff play CoD. Ben paused his game and turned to look at me. Silence filled the room again.

"Can I help you?" I say breaking the silence.

"Sure. Upstairs." He mumbled.

"Keep playing your game, player. If flirting with me won't get you no where, then I'm pretty sure your skills at gaming are just as bad." I mocked.