Chapter Fourteen

A/N: YO PEEPS! HAPPY WEEK-END!!!! It's raining so much in France right now and I'm feeling Pringles.

Anyways, enough with the random. Here's another chapter <3

-Sophia, xoxo

°°°°

The morning rolls around much quicker than I expected, and I throw a pillow at the window through squinted eyes, suddenly gasping with shock when it flies right through. I sit up straight, lurch out of bed and run over, hunching myself on the window seat to peer down. There, lying in the white draped ground is a bright, tribal printed pillow. The back door opens underneath me and I lean out further to see the top of Dad's head as he walks out with hurried steps. He looks at the pillow, then around him, and then up at me. A confused look plasters his face.

"Sorry Dad," I mumble sheepishly, scratching the back of my head awkwardly. 

"How did it get down here?" 

"I threw it out the window," I manage innocently, flashing a toothy smile when he grins brightly and shakes his head, hands on his hips.

"Youngsters nowadays... You teens are way too confusing for me to handle."

"The window was open," I fill in, absent-mindedly letting my gaze run over the contours of the sleeping forest. 

"Isn't it a bit too cold for that at this time of year?" When I don't reply, he just shakes his head again and hurries into the warm house, a now soaked pillow clutched in his hand. I lean back and close the window firmly, checking for any broken locks. There aren't any. Just like before.

Weird.

The entirety of my bed is warm and the rest of the room is freezing because of the cold air that has been streaming in all night. How did I not notice how cold it's become? I've probably just become a deep sleeper. In fact, after all of those questions that were cleared up, last night turned out to be one of the best periods of sleep that I've had since this all started.

I guess Killian is finally giving me a break.

Maybe he's letting me resume a normal life? Maybe he's gotten tired of me. If that's the case, and I still haven't resolved three final questions, so be it, because I would never want to return to that haunting period of my life, at least not willingly.

After having gotten rid of my morning breath and bed hair through a nice, hot shower and a quick brush, I step into a pair of jeans and pull a plain shirt over my head. I lace up my fellow combat boots and snuggle into my parka, grabbing my school bag and phone on the way through the bedroom door. I scroll through my notifications and nearly miss a step at the overload of messages and missed calls from Emma, and even Jack.

Wait, how did he get my number?

I let out a chuckle. That boy, I swear...

The way that this morning's events have been unfolding have seemed normal, and it seems like everything has gone back to the way things were before. The feeling of being a groggy teenager thinking about mundane things almost seems unfamiliar, but I soak into the comfortable feeling anyway. I even find myself looking forward to going to school without that dark and weighing atmosphere that's been swirling around me constantly. I arrive at the bottom of the stairs and let out a bright 'good morning' to both of my parents. Mum seems to notice my good mood because she smiles brightly at me from her position on the couch, eyes peering over her fashion magazine. "Good morning Cami, is everything okay?

"I'm actually really, really good," I answer, running a hand through my hair and nodding towards the kitchen. "I'll just grab a snack and head out." She seems pleased with my answer and nods with a delighted grin, before resuming her reading.