Chapter Twenty-Six

A/N: Hellooooooo! Yes, I changed the cover for Shadow Bite. How does it look? I don't know if it's enough of an eye-catcher IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

Enjoy this very much needed chapter. I say very-much needed because I've just started school again after two lovely weeks of holidays, and I've got exams coming up *cries silently in dark corner*.  Enjooooyyyyy ;-)

-Sophia, xoxo

°°°°

"Would you rather fall into lava and slowly burn to death or be eaten alive by piranhas?" 

-What kind of question is that?

-It's a question, and you're gonna answer. 

-Umm, I dunno - be eaten by piranhas? 

-Wrong answer!" I stare at Jack in disbelief as he jumps up on his chair and points at me in victory with a crazed look on his face. 

The whole cafeteria turns and stares. Oh god...

"Jack! Get your ass down!" I whisper-yell, but he just laughs maniacally. 

"What's going on up there Cami? Anyone with a brain would have picked lava! You would be killed instantly, dumbass!" 

-Okay, okay, I get it, I was wrong. Now shut up and sit." I send him a dagger glare and avert it to Jasper when he laughs, to which he quickly shuts up and looks down at his plate. However, his obnoxious twin brother is still standing up on his throne and doubling over in laughter. "Fine, you know what? If you don't sit down in three seconds, I'm not coming to the festival after school."

-But you're my girl date!" Jack exclaims with sudden panic in his eyes as he stills. 

"One-"

-Cami!

-TWO-

-FINE! FINE! I'LL-

-TH-" As he sits down his foot slips and the chair rockets backwards, sending him flying right on his arse. A second passes in total silence before the whole cafeteria bursts out in laughter, me leading the hysterical noise right in front. I wipe away tears as Jasper reaches a hand down for Jack to take. He looks at the hand, then at me from the ground, and swats it away with annoyance.

"I swear, you're such a bitch..." He mutters, hoisting himself up by pressing all of his weight on the table. What he hadn't foreseen was his werewolf strength, and the table topples over, sending him flat on his arse again with all of the food spilling out over him. 

"OH MY GOD!" I cry out, the laughing becoming uncontrollable as I fall out of my chair and roll around the floor, clutching my stomach and tears streaming down my face. "You're- killing- me!" I wheeze out, ignoring the glares that Jack sends me, as he oh-so elegantly stands up and makes the whole cafeteria shut up from their laughing thanks to his flaming golden eyes and his trembling body. 

Wait - aren't there also humans here?

I slowly stand up, suddenly very serious, and meet Jasper's eyes who nods at me silently, holding Jack's bicep in a strong grip and saying something very lowly to him. I look around and find the whole student-body staring. I meet some of the werewolves' eyes whom I'd met at the party and they all look ready to spring into action. But when I catch a certain someone's eyes, cackling with her obnoxious and bitchy friends at a table, fury builds up in me. 

Rachel tilts her head at me with a sickly sweet smile and wiggles her fingers in a provocative wave. I take a step forward and her eyes narrow, but a strong hold holds me back.