Chapter Twenty-Eight

A/N: Yooo! See? I'm sticking to the uploading schedule (Wednesday/ Saturday! For now... I probably won't be able to upload on Saturday, so yaaah.

Anyways, enjoy this chapter fellow wattpadders ;-)

-Sophia, xoxo

••••

I feel the drowsiness seeping out of me slowly, and finally, I find the strength to open my eyes and stretch out my frozen muscles. I'm lying in Asher's familiar bed, with the clouded night sky twinkling outside the glass balcony doors.

"Good evening, darling." Pam steps into the room, holding a tray filled with different varieties of foods, and a compassionate smile. "How are you feeling?"

I sit up against the headboards and adjust the pillows behind my back, offering my own smile in return. I feel my stomach grumble at the sight of the deliciousness placed onto those plates. "Fine. How long have I been asleep?"

She sets the tray down on the night table besides me and checks her watch with pensiveness. "You were out for around four hours. It was six when you left the park. That vision took quite its toll on you. I had to lock Asher out of the room to keep him away. He really is worried about you, Camilla, I hope you realise that." She shakes her head lightly and fiddles around with the arrangement of the plates. I ignore the last part of her sentence and focus on my surprise.

"You know?

-Know what darling?

-About- the umm, Caster thing-" I drawl off, and she tilts her head, looking at me with amusement.

-I might be old Camilla, but I'm definitely not stupid."

-Oh no!" I exclaim, "I didn't mean -" She laughs and waves me off.

-I'm just messing with you. Don't worry hon, but you should know that I've lived on this Earth for around a hundred years now. I've seen quite the unexpected things of life."

My mind buzzes in alarm.

-A hundred years? How is that possible? Are you a vampire or something?

-Oh God no!" She looks at me wide-eyed, "That's absurd! Listen to me now: do never associate our kind with vampires understand? Theirs is a completely different story, and the history of werewolves is never to be compared to those - those bloodsuckers!"

I've never seen Pam so agitated, so I nod and bite my lip to keep any more questions in. But the truth is, I'm dying to find out more about these so called mysteries that I never even knew existed, but that I now want to uncover more than ever."

"Please excuse me Camilla, but we don't react lightly to those vile creatures. Please don't bring it up when you're around the pack, okay? For your own safety." The next few moments are spent in silence as she delicately places the tray on my sheet-covered lap, even though I insisted on eating like a normal person by a table. I try to change the subject and escape the agitation that I've placed upon the old lady's mind.

"So... What's with being more than a hundred years old?" She looks sideways at me with a small smile, catching onto my attempt to change the subject.

-Has no one ever told you? Werewolves age differently than humans. Of course, in the first years, we age exactly like everyone else, but, after we find our soulmate, the age process slows so that we can spend something that seems like eternity with our destined. Now, a human soulmate is extremely unheard of, but not impossible, and I'm sure that Asher will-"