"Inside"

I walked in to Cullen's Office, and was surprised to see Mia standing with him.

"Hey, you called for me?" I said.

"Hmm, oh, yes, yes I did. Uh, Mia, this is my wife, Ellana. Ellana, this is.."

"Mia, it so nice to finally meet you. I've heard so much about you." I interrupted.

"Yes, as have I." Mia said with a voice like flowering honey in the summertime. The kind made near my home.

"Well, I'll leave you two be, while I check on the troops in the training yard." Cullen said as he closed the door to his office.

"Wow, so your really pregnant with his baby? And you really married him?" asked Mia.

"Yes" I said a little blushed. "There is just no one I'd rather be with. He cares more than one man should, why just today, he sent out a search party out looking for me when I had left without telling him, and I'd had only been gone for a few minutes." I laughed.

"I understand. I just, never thought Cullen could be as happy as he was before the Templars, and the nightmares, and..." She sighed then, probably thinking about him when he was young. "It was just so much, on him, and myself because I've always felt the need to protect him. When he sent the letter home that he was to be married, I couldn't believe it because he had never mentioned you before, and seeing you, it didn't seem real." She said.

"Yes, well now he has someone else to protect him too, ohh and he'll probably kill me for saying that." I laughed again. "AHH" I nearly doubled over from the sharp pain in my stomach.

"Oh maker are you all right, should I go get Cullen or the healers?" she said with urgency.

I released the breath I was holding and stood with some help from Mia. "No that won't be necessary. It was just a sharp kick, that's all." I responded.

"Alright, well just the same, come over and sit in the chair." I sat in Cullen's chair as Mia told me to do.

"Well, while she's kicking, do you want to feel?" I said. She gave me an excited nod and an incredulous look and walked over. She bit her lip as I lifted my loose shirt and put her hand where the baby was kicking at.

"Wow" she said awestruck. "That's incredible. I can't wait until I find someone and have a baby."

"Yes, its all very exciting isn't it?"

"Yes" she said. She removed her hand. "Can you tell me the story of how you met? Cullen never tells me anything."

"Sure. It all started the day the conclave exploded. I was taken prisoner, as the main suspect of the explosion, but you already knew that. When I was released to help close the rifts, I was on my way to the explosion site when Cullen stopped me and Cassandra on the battlefield. It was just after I closed a rift blocking my way from the temple. He said that he hoped everyone was right about me, and I said that he wasn't the only one hoping that, and as he walked away, he helped a soldier on one foot. I felt a spark from the beginning, growing more every time I saw him working with the troops. When we got to skyhold after Haven, I tried to start the romance, but held back. I was by far to nervous. If I knew I'd be having his child, I might have been more straight forward. That said, if you'd told me, I would have thought you nuts." We both laughed at that.

"After we got settled, I found him in the garden playing chess with Dorian."

"Did he tell you that we used to play as kids?" Mia interrupted.

"Yes, he also told me that you got this stuck up grin every time you won." I said with a laugh.

"Well, maybe I wasn't so kind when I won." I looked at her doubtfully, but continued.