Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Allison POV

I took the bathroom pass and left class, headed to the girl's bathroom just down the hall.  As I went to turn the corner, I heard the sugary sweet voice that was the bane of my existence speaking in a hushed tone. 

"Shhh.  Baby you have to be quiet," I heard Carli whisper.  Wow.  That's odd.  Mrs. THompkins doesn't let a boy and a girl go the the bathroom at the same time, so I knew Cody was sitting in class enduring yet another lecture on "The Scarlet Letter."

Wait.  No.  She can't be.  No.  It'll tear him apart.  I heard another familiar voice speaking a little louder.  "I don't see why you don't just dump him.  You know I'll be here and you don't love him anyways," I heard Cameron say.

"Because, I just haven't found the right time to break up with him yet.  I don't want to just tell him.  I mean he was my first love and has been one of my best friends.  I still care about how he feels.  I will though.  I promise," Carli whispered.

"Good," Cameron replied.  "It better be this week.  You've had 6 months.  If you don't tell him by the end of this week, I'm going to."

My jaw dropped.  They had been hooking up behind Cody's back for 6 months.  I walked back to class in a daze.  What would Cody say when he found out?

I hung up the bathroom pass and slowly walked back to my seat.  I could feel Cody's eyes on me, so I tried to adopt my normal mood again, but Cody, knowing me better that anyone, wasn't buying any part of it, so in under a minute, a note showed up on my desk.  Man, that boy was quick.

hey what's wrong? you're off in space

I flashed him a half-smile and crumpled the note, shaking my head to show that nothing was wrong.  Cody simply shrugged, knowing that I would come to him if I wanted to talk about it. 

Just then, the bell rang.  "Hey Al, wanna come over tonight? Me, Carli, and Cameron are gonna rent some movies and order pizza.  Please? We can all crash at my place," he begged, giving me his best puppy dog faced.

"Yes! Yes! I'll go! Just stop with the puppy dog face! It burns!" I said quite loudly, causing many people to turn in our direction and causing Cody to bust out laughing when I turned red.  No matter what, Cody was my best friend, and if he needed me to be there tonight, I would be.

As we walked out of class, Cameron and Carli were just walking up.  Cody put his arm casually around Carli's shoulders and smiled like he was on top of the world.

The next class flew by until it was time for lunch.  I made my way through the salad line and took my place at our table between Cody and one of our other friends, Evan.  Seeing that Cody was in the middle of a conversation with Carli, I turned to Evan and asked how his day was going. "Better now that I've seen you," he replied with a smile, making me blush for the second time that day.  It seemed that Cody heard his comment as he turned around to smile at us.

"Hey Evan, we're watching movies at my place tonight if you want to join.  Pizza and popcorn included, just be sure to bring candy.  Al has a bit of a sweet tooth,"  Cody remarked with a smirk.

"Yeah man, I'd love to.  Um I'll head over to the store after school and pick up some candy, grab my stuff, and be right over," he said with a smile in my direction. 

Well.  This would be an interesting night. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

OOOOOH DRAMA! Hope you're enjoying it! Leave comments on what you think will happen in the next chapter. A breakup? A hookup? Who knows? The next chapter will be uploaded when the story gets 50 reads, comments, votes, or any combination of the three! So share it with friends!

Thanks for reading!

Bri