Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Cody POV

I smiled to myself, seeing Evan flirting with Al. He was a great guy and she deserved to be happy after all that she'd been through. Tonight would be so much fun with my three favorite people and someone that makes her happy. Or at least he would keep her from wanting to kill Carli. That was definitely an upside to him coming. I turned back to the conversation with Carli and Cameron but kept an ear out for their conversation, it having turned to what kind of candy was her favorite so he'd know what to bring.

Carli was laughing at something that Cameron said and he was smiling, looking pleased. I wrapped my arm around Carli and said, "Hey babe, Evan is coming to movie night." I then lowered my voice and whispered, "I think that he has a thing for Al. I hope they get together." She glanced over at them, and upon seeing that they were in their own little world, giggled.

"Yeah," she said. "I think they have something going on over there. Good. They'd be cute." She looked up at me and kissed me softly, making me wonder why she did so. Just as I was about to ask her, the bell rang. I kissed Carli goodbye, thinking that we only had two more classes until we could all leave and get our night started. I was excited that Evan was coming but I still held out hope that Al would get together with Cameron.

I had tried multiple times in the past to get them together, but it just never seemed to stick. They get along, but Al has said that they just "weren't romantically compatible." I don't know what that's girl talk for, but they seem to be okay with hanging out when its the four of us.

As I was walking to class with Al, I nudged her and said, "Soooooo, what's going on between you and Evan. He seems like a nice guy."

She nudged me back and tried to be nonchalant, rolling her eyes, but I saw the blush that crept up onto her cheeks. She started rambling like she did when she got nervous, and said, "Nothing so far, I mean he's an awesome friend but I don't know if he likes me like that. But I mean if he wanted to I don't know. I would give him a shot. I mean they say that the best relationships start off as just friends but what if he doesn't feel the-" I nudged her, cutting her off. "Hey, just relax and let it go where it does."

She wrapped her arms around me and whispered, "Thanks, for all the advice and everything. I think I will." I smiled and walked into science class.

The next few classes seemed to drag by. But then again I think that any student knows that feeling when they're looking forward to something at the end of the day. After the final class, I found Carli and Cameron. We piled back into my car and drove to my house. I went ahead and poured some drinks, hoping that Al and Evan would be there soon. Al had decided to ride with Evan to get candy, just to make sure that he got all the necessities. Or at least that's what she told me. I think that there were some ulterior motives there.

By the time all of us got changed into sweats, put our stuff in my room, and gathered all the pillows and blankets into a big pile in the living room floor, Evan and Al arrived with probably five grocery bags overflowing with every kind of candy you could imgaine. She was practically glowing, making me happy that she found someone that made her happy.

"Just put the candy right there on the table," she said, putting her own arm-load down on the coffee table. After saying hello to Carli, Cameron, and I, she went upstairs to change clothes, showing Evan where the downstairs bathroom was. Tradition was that everyone got to pick one movie, then one movie got eliminated, but two movies would have to be eliminated tonight. Carli chose "Breaking Dawn Part 2," I chose "The Amazing Spiderman," and Cameron chose "Journey to the Center of the Earth." Al came boucing down the stairs in a pink t-shirt and pink pajama pants with snowflakes all over them. I laughed out loud, seeing her in pink was a rare occurance. As if reading my mind, she shot me a look that was so classically Al and said, "They were a Christmas gift." This didn't stop me from laughing even louder as she picked up "17 Again" from the shelf.

Evan walked out of the bathroom in a pair of sweats and a t-shirt and eyed Al up while she was turned around. Maybe this guy wasn't such a good idea. He picked up "The Karate Kid" and sat down beside Al on the couch. "Well we need to eliminate two movies. Everybody pick one you don't wanna watch," I said, trying to come up with a way to lost two of them. After a few minutes of trying to figure it out, we decided not to watch "Breaking Dawn" and "Journey to the Center of the Earth."

We all fell into our places with Carli and I on the loveseat with her with her head in my lap, Evan and Al on the couch with her leaning her head on his shoulder, and Cameron laying on a sleeping bag between the couches. After watching "17 Again," we all decided that it was time to order pizza. I went to the kitchen to order two pepperoni and a cheese. After being told that it would be there in half an hour, I poured another Pepsi and walked back into the living room. I sat back down we all started joking around. The night was actually going pretty smoothly, with Evan fitting right in with everyone. Al got up to get something to drink, coming back with a giant stain on the front of her shirt. After we all laughed for a good five minutes, I asked what she did. "I don't know. I was just pouring the Pepsi into a cup and I guess it hit the lip of it and tipped the cup over," she replied with a frown.

"Don't worry about it," I said. "I'll get you one of my shirts. Come on." She followed me up to my room, and I dug through my drawers for a shirt that would be comfortable enough for her to sleep in. I turned around with the shirt in my hand, seeing her looking at a picture on the wall with a smile on her face. "Do you remember this?" she asked pointing to the picture. It was of us on the first day of middle school, me with my braces still on, her with her glasses that she had before getting contacts. "Yeah, of course." I replied with a smile. "If I remember correctly, that was the afternoon that you decided to do a backflip off of the swing and broke your arm."

She laughed, remembering, and said, "Yeah and you carried me to the nurses office because you didn't know what hurt." We both looked at the picture fondly and after snapping out of it, she took the shirt and said thanks, as she walked to the bathroom connected to my room. I looked at the picture smiling remembering that day with fondness. For most people, the first day of school was always great but that year, we got to skip school for the rest of the day because I was worried about her, and her mom took us out for ice cream after she got out of the emergency room.

"Ready to go back downstairs? The pizza should be here any minute," Al said from behind me. I turned around ready to head downstairs when I saw her in my shirt.

She looked so cute in my shirt, which she was practically drowning in. Wait. Cute? Did I really just think that about my best friend? No. That didn't happen. I mean it did but who wouldn't think that about a girl in a giant t-shirt. I snapped out of it to see her already leaving the room, and I followed her down the stairs to hear the doorbell ringing. After paying the pizza guy and getting the pizza, I turned back around, facing the living room that suddenly seemed a lot more crowded.

I mean Carli was my girlfriend and I loved her so there should be not problem with me liking Al. It just wouldn't happen. I sat down and passed out slices of pizza, pushing all thoughts of Al as anyhting more than a friend to the back of my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Sorry this chapter was kind of filler-y. The next chapter will be better. Promise. But thanks for all the reads you guys! I wasn't expecting to get 50 reads that quickly. Be sure to vote or leave me a comment telling me what you guys think of the story or anything that I can do to make it better. Next update will be at 75 reads, comments, votes, or any combination of the three. Thanks again so much for reading!

Also let me know if you guys have any ideas for casting, would love to hear them!

~Bri