Chapter 26

I looked in the mirror at myself. I was in the most beautiful gown I've ever seen or wore. It made my eyes stand out. I had on a five-inch heels silver heel but it wasn't showing because the dress covered it. My makeup was lightly done. I wore a very expensive pearl necklace and matching earrings.

I looked breathtaking. My hair lay my shoulder with it's have deep curls. I looked beautiful and I did it all myself. When Alexander suggest that I visit the hair salon I quickly reject his offer. I don't want anyone in my hair. When growing up the only person allowed in my hair was our mother, Beth. She called us wild beauty because our hair was bright in the sun and it drew many attentions to us. I loved my red hair but I no longer have it because I'm running and when people run the hide their true self so no one can find them.

Enough about me.

Henrique was put to bed a little earlier than regular but I still didn't trust him. He sometimes wakes in the night and I usually bring him to my bedroom to sleep with me. I try my best to check on him. There will a lot noise down here. I didn't want the guest to here a baby screaming. No, that wouldn't be a very good thing.

Alexander told me to come down at seven thirty even though the function started at seven. He said it was to ward off attention. It was now thirty minutes past seven.

I looked at myself one time before I turned and exited my room.

I walked down the massive stairs in the wonderful five inch heels I had on. I slowly step down. When I reach the bottom all I saw was elites. Just my looking at their Armani suits and Vera Wang dresses I knew, they all were rich and were from a high society. While I grow up in a middle class then fell to the bottom, poor.

A waiter came, "Margarita, madam." I smiled at him, he looked a little younger than i.

"Yes, thanks" I said at I lifted the glass off the tray.

"Have a good night, Madam."

"I'd say you too but I'd be lying. I know that after this event. You'll be left drained." I said with a laugh.

We laughed at my statement and bowed his head then left.

I looked around trying to see his Alexander was in the room but no sign of him so I sipped my Pina Calado.

While looking around I felt someone tap my shoulder. I looked around and I saw ocean blue eyes.

"I was over there," he pointed and my eyes followed. "And my friends and I just couldn't take our eyes off you. You're one true beauty. I'm Calum. What about you sweet cheeks? What's your name?"

I couldn't help but smile as his stupidity. Gosh, all men think about was sex. He thinks by telling me how beautiful I am I'll fall in his arms tonight. Well I won't. Every since I lived in New York, men that came to firm I work always wanted to try get in my pants. But never again. Will I be ruin by a man.

"Hmm..Calum, that's a nice name. But sorry Calum, my dad told me never to speak to strangers." I said and turned around from him and back to my observance.

"Playing hard to get, I see." He said beside me. I turned to look at him and smirk. "That's the thing. I'm not playing hard to get. I am hard to get."

"Oh. Well I guess I need to try harder." I remained silent so he continue. "I'm really rich." Oh really, you tell a girl your rich hoping she'll sleep with you. Pathetic.

"Everyone here is rich." Except me of course.

"I own restaurants all around America, you might have even being to one of them." I stared in his blue eyes with uninterestingly. He had dirty blond hair and was middle built. His muscles seem well groomed. It was obvious he has some serious abs under that tuxedo.

"Look, I DON'T CARE. You could be the owner of starbucks. I DON'T CARE. You are rich. I DON'T CARE. I don't your money and I definitely didn't ask you if you owned anything cause' as I said before I DON'T CARE." I placed a lot of emphasis on the ' I DON'T CARE' because men like him just don't get it.

"Oh so you a feisty one." He said smirking. "I bet you're wild in bed. I like that too. I really don't mind."

I grew angry buy the second. What stopped me from slapping him across his face was the fact that I was among elites and they don't behave that way.

"Is everything okay, here." I heard Alexander's voice behind me. Thank he came to the rescues because I show don't know how I'd contain myself is this Jerk opened his mouth one more time.

I turned and smile at him. "Perfect. I was just here having a conversation with Calum here. Of course he was not only eye raping me but also telling me things I didn't to know." Alexander took his eyes from me and it landed on Calum in a dead stare. I also turned and looked at him with an evil smirk.

"Listen Reid, She's off limits to you and your little pose and I don't want to see you are your friends near here. Comprende." Alexander said in a serious tone. It was obvious he hated the guy, but why invite someone you dislike?

"Oh, so she's your date? You got yourself a feisty one. Perfect match for each other."

I was about to say that we weren't together but Alexander cut in. "Yes, she's with me, in fact she lives here." Now I knew Alexander told them I loved here but he made it seem like I was his woman and I was living with him, which I wasn't. Not even close.

Calum smirked. "Oh so the bitch has tamed the beast. Nice." How dare that piece of shit called me bitch. I was about to answer him when Alexander rested his hands on my back to calm be and it did. I remember where I was. I am at an elite meeting, I should act elite.

"If I were you Reid, I'd go back to my friends." Alexander said still sounding angry.

Calum smirked and he was about to turn and leave the when he looked at me then Alexander. "She'll be the dead of you." With that he left.

I'll be the dead of Alexander Carter? Yah. Yeah right!