Chapter 31

It was almost six pm so that means I have to get ready. The box with the dress and shoes were on the floor of my room and Henrique on the bed sleeping. So ironic, he sleeps at day and makes trouble at night.

I took a long bath, and then after I put on a tank top and shorts and started to do my hair. My hair was naturally curly, so I had to put up a fight to get the curls out and I did. I then let my hair fall on my shoulders and the length is just wonderful. I then started with my makeup, putting on a little concealer so my freckles wouldn't show much, I put on some red lip stick to finish it all off. I then put on the red dress along with my heels and I was about as ready.

I turned to the mirror and I was amazed by the sight, I looked beautiful and pretty, not something that I have being feeling lately. It wasn't only the dress, the heels and the lips stick but it was also the fact that I'm giving love a chance. I got hurt once yes, but that doesn't mean I'll get hurt again. My sister is no longer here to steal anyone from me, and what a relief.

I feel like giving Alex a chance might do us both some good. I've become attached to this house and everything in it, it felt like home to me. Like I belong here, Grey too felt it. There is no way I could leave when Grey created his family here. I'd be cruel to him, when he's been good to me.

Maybe having Alex hunt down my sister was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I don't know, but it felt right.

I smiled, this is my second chance to love and I hope it goes well.

Suddenly the doorbell rang so I ran from my room to the door. I open it to see a dirty-blonde hair young woman wearing dark jeans and a white blouse with flower patterns; she had on a leather jacket to protect her from this cold weather. Her hair is sup in a pony tail and she was tall, or I'm just too short. She looked about twenty years old to me, with innocent grey eyes and a big bright smile that could get anyone to buy girls scout cookies from her.

"Hey, how may I help you?" I asked and gave her a smile.

"Hi, I'm Petunia Brown, and I'll be the nanny. I was sent here by Mr. Cater, and he told me to ask for a Miss Bis-son." She said as she tries to pronounce my last name, I smile at her for good effort.

"Oh, that's what he meant." I said after remembering the letter. "Come on in then, and I'll tell what needs to be done." I told her as I carried her to the living room to talk. "You'll be watching Henrique, my nephew who is still asleep in my bedroom." I told her as she made herself comfortable on the chair.

"So Petunia, how old are you?" I asked her trying to get to know her more, to see if her smile is truly real.

"Twenty, "she said and I smile in my mind to know I'm great at guessing ages.

"If you don't mind me asking, do you go to college?"

"I don't mind. Yes, I go to Trelawney Community College. My parents can't afford to send me to a big University, so I'm taking my time with this one." She said looking sad, but she tried not to show it much, this was like a job interview for her, and so she has to be professional.

"It's okay, I was never rich either. I'm still not though. So what are you studying?" I asked hoping that her career interest would brighten the mood.

"Creative Art," she happily replied and her eyes immediately went bright with excitement, I had to smile at her sudden change of mood.

"No way, that's my passion. I love art; I even paint when I'm in the mood." I told her and she listened attentively. I pointed to a recent painting I did of Grey and his family. "That's one of my works over there," I told her. She got up to get a better view of it and gasped.

"You did that?" she asked amazed. I told her yes and stood next to her, smiling at my talent. "You're good, I don't even have half your talent," she said still observing my work. "This just looks real, and with mine you could tell that I'm trying too hard." She said doubting herself, but she didn't show it much.

"Petunia, don't say that," I started encouraging her. "At first my paintings look like I wasn't trying hard enough. Practice makes perfect, so don't give up. I'm sure one day, you'll do better than this,' I told her looking at my painting. "And I believe in you that you'll do even better than Da Vinci," this made her laugh and I was glad to see that smile of hers again.

"I see that you ladies are having fun. Maybe I should have dinner by myself then." Alex voice came from behind us, making us turn around and welcome his God-like looks. I could literally hear Petunia's heart-beating, she too was mesmerized by Alex's manly figure; her face even shows that he is a gift sent from God.

"You wouldn't make me dress like this if your goal was to eat by yourself. What a shame I was really looking forward to tonight." I said trying to play around him; he then laughed showing his perfect white teeth.

I walked towards him and his hypnotizing emerald eyes trailed my dress, as he gawked at my appearance. Surely he agrees when I saw myself earlier in the mirror.

"Kalliyah, you look stunning," he said making me blush and feeling butterflies inside. "I knew that dress was perfect for you. It's my favourite color and you prove why it is, you're absolutely beautiful." He said as he stares into my eyes.

I don't know what shocked me more, the fact that he called me beautiful or the way he called my name. It was as if my name was made for his voice, made for him to call me when.

"Are you done? I'm hungry." I said trying to sound feisty and trying not to cry knowing that this man wants me, and I mean for real.

He laughed, which was even better than his voice, "Yes, dear." He came closer to me and enlaced our hands and I was lost in his eyes, until I remember Petunia. I turned to her, still holding Alex's hand and told her that as soon as Henrique is awake; carry him back to the baby room. She took my order and made her way to my room to stay with him until he's awake.

As Alex and I were about to leave, I stopped her in her tracks and remind her that he rarely sleeps at night, therefore it's his favourite time to play,' she grinned and told me she can handle it, and then wish us off to have a great night.

After Alex and I turned to leave. We head to his car, where he opened it for me like the gentleman he is. He helped me in before making his way to the driver's seat. As soon as were settled I began to wonder where he's taking me.

"Where are we going?" I asked him knowing for sure he won't tell.

"You'll see." He said with a smile before turning on the engine and driving off into the starry night.

**************

Thank you for reading!

Please remember to comment.

And if you enjoyed this chapter, give it a star. ^^