Is Santa Clause real too?

Ana Pov

I stood outside my motel feeling the morning sun against my skin. I checked my watch for the hundredth time. It read 8:27 am. Most people would be heading to their first class by now but not me. No, I'm standing outside counting the seconds and hoping with all my might he wouldn't abandon me. It's this moment that makes me realize how much I need him to accept me. If he doesn't come back I don't know how I will be able to do this.

The door behind me opened and I hear lights steps follow.

"You've been out here since 6am" Marie said coming up beside me. I offer her a small smile. It's the best I can do given the amount of anxiety I'm feeling.

"I know. I'm just worried I lost him. It's not like I could even blame him for not coming back" I said dropping my head and fighting my tears. Marie's tiny hand gently lay on my shoulder. The action offered me some soothing.

"Ana, he will come back. He cares too deeply for you to just leave you now" Marie said softly. I closed my eyes and tried to find comfort in her words but I couldn't. I was too afraid.

"He's my best friend! I need him! When I close my eyes all I can see Simons horrified face." My voice gets a bit hysterical as my mind flashes back to last night when everything changed. When I told my best friend in the whole world that I was a vampire...

Last night...

“Come on you have something else to do” Seb said beginning to walk off.

“What else could I possibly have to do at 2am?” I asked half complaining. He stopped and turned back to me with a serious face

“You have to tell your friends you’re a vampire or leave them forever. Your choice Ana” Seb turned to walk back to the motel not aware of the turmoil his words just caused in me.

He can't be serious. I just got Simon back in my life, telling him I'm a vampire would surely send him packing. Or at the very least trying to get me committed for insanity.

"No" I whispered. Seb stopped. Slowly turning back to me

"What?" He asked. I looked him the eye and squared my shoulders.

"No!" I repeated more confidently. "I won't tell Simon"

"You must-"

"I can't! He is all I have! He is my best friend and the only one who has always been there for me! If I tell him I'll lose him." The last sentence actually hurt coming out my mouth. Simon has been the only person I could count on. I never even considered telling him about my turning. Simon is just such a reasonable person that vampires don't fit into his thinking. Sure he loves science fiction but it's always just fiction to him. He will lose it if he finds out something's aren't so much fiction after all.

"Ana, I know you’re scared but it's for the benefit of everyone. Marcos and Talon are after us. You have to explain the danger you accidentally put him in and why. If not we have to disappear. And I know it'll hurt you more to leave him searching for you again with no answers" Seb said taking steps in my direction.

 I gazed at him with tears in my eyes because he was right. If I just take off that would hurt Simon more than it did two years ago. He deserves an explanation. Even if I do lose him in the process I should at least let him make the choice himself.