He's not Prince Charming....

Jace Pov

It had been twenty minutes since he watched the men carry Ana off from the window. He hadn’t once moved to tell the others mainly because he feared he made the wrong choice by not fighting. There was no guarantee that she would get a trial, the king could have her killed on sight. His stomach knotted with anxiety.

The laughs from the kitchen grew closer and the rest of crew came bouncing into the living room

“Why the sour face? Someone poop in your cereal?” Lily mockingly asked pinching his cheek. Jace slapped her hand away and scowled at her idiotic question.

Taking a deep breath he prepared himself to tell them the truth. Better to get it over with sooner rather than later.

But before he could get a word out the basement door went flying off its hinges! Standing there in a sweaty rage was Seb. And boy did he look pissed. Jace had no time to wonder how he got the cuffs off because Seb came hurtling at him. The larger man tackled him hard into Cora’s coffee table that shattered under their weight.

“What’s going on?!” Simon yelled

“Seb stop it!” Marie shouted at her brother.

Seb didn’t listen and swung his fist out connecting with the side of Jace’s face. Seb was preparing to hit him again when Jace called on his natural magic. Jace held up his palm and Seb went flying across the room.

 All witches are born with what is known as natural magic; it varies on degrees by how powerful your bloodline is. It’s very addicting and the number one cause of light witches going dark. That’s why witches normally use spells and call on the earth for power.

Jace quickly got to his feet and began to chant a restraint spell instead. Once Seb shook off the crash he attempted to attack again but invisible tendrils wrapped around him holding him tightly in place. 

“Let me go witch! Where did they take her?!” Seb bellowed he was fighting very hard against his barrier and Jace was surprised at the power he had to use to hold him

“Someone please tell me what’s going on?” Simon asked exchanging looks between the two

“I’m guessing it has something to do with Ana considering she’s absent from this party” Lily jumped in saying in her usual Lily way.

“Let my brother go” Marie demanded stepping up to Jace. He wanted to but he couldn’t risk Seb attacking him again.

“He needs to calm down first” Jace bit out. His body was almost shaking with the amount of force it was requiring to restrain Seb. Not even Ana fought it this hard. Seb had a dangerous look in his eye and they appeared to be changing colors.

Marie stepped in front of Seb and place her small hand on his large chest.

“Brother please, calm down” Marie coaxed

“NO! They took her! I felt it! And he let them!” Seb asserted. The spell was breaking and Jace was afraid that soon he would have to use more natural magic to hold him. How on earth is a human this strong?

“Look we have to figure this out together but we can’t if you try to kill him. So look into my eyes big brother and relax” Maries smooth, gentle coaching did the trick.