[Chapter Twenty Six]

She didn't know where she was. Only that she had to run towards the light. Freya ran and ran but the light never seemed any closer. The hobbit stopped, trying to think through the haze that clouded her mind. Something wasn't right. She suddenly heard voices yelling her name. Freya turned around and saw approaching dark figures, she remembered she wasn't alone she was with dwarves and her cousin travelling through a dark forest that's enchanted with a stream that causes illusions.

The woman now realized that this was all just an illusion and she had to wake up. She started running towards the light again, it was getting closer and closer, when all of sudden someone was standing in front of her. " Freya you need to wake up." The person softly spoke to her, still hiding in the shadow. She recognized the voice, but thought she was still imagining all this. The figure made hast towards her, making her back up when he grabbed her by the arms and shook her.

" Freya! wake up!" Thorin yelled. The woman's eyes shot open only to find herself confined in something sticky. " Are you alright?" Thorin asked her, tearing the web from her arms.

" Yes, just get me out of this." Freya freaked, she couldn't stand spider webs or worse the spiders themselves.

" Where's Bilbo?" Bofur questioned. The woman stood up and looked around and saw her cousin was not among them.

" Bilbo!"

" I'm up here!" Bilbo shouted from up high in the trees, when he let out a shriek and Freya looked up into the trees but didn't see him, instead she saw dozen of giant spiders come for them.

" Why spiders.." The woman groaned. Thorin snapped her out of her frozen state and pushed her to run with the others. The spiders roared after them. The dwarves were armed with their weapons when the spiders came at them from every corner and they swung their blades.

Yells and screams came from the dwarves as they fought the giant spiders. Freya ended up getting herself cornered as the spider slowly stalked towards her, snapping its fangs at her, roaring. She held her sword pointed at the spider, the spider lifted one of its many legs trying to knock her sword out of her hand, she shrieked and landed on her back, on the ground and the spider charged at her.

The dwarf prince turned after killing the second spider that tried to attack him and saw the woman on the ground with the spider standing over her, he dashed over when the woman plunged her sword into the beast guts, yelling at it and it fell beside her dead. Thorin ran up to her, she was panting heavily and she looked at him. " Did it have to be spiders?" She growled, not impressed. Thorin, had the same thought, he would rather deal with orcs then these nasty creatures. The dwarf yanked her to her feet.

The didn't make it much further when more spiders descended from the trees. A spider leaped on to Bombur knocking him to the ground, trying to bit his face off with its fangs.

" Grab the legs!" Oin yelled, as others rushed in and each grabbed a leg.

" Pull!"

The dwarves pulled with all their might, each letting out a groan. " Pull!" and with one last tug the legs tore from the rest of the spiders body and it collapsed onto Bombur, making him grunt from the heavy creatures weight.

" Come on, keep up!" Dwalin shouted while running through the forest.

" We're clear!" Thorin pressed, when he darted around to find another spider, hissing at them. He held his sword tightly ready to attack when something running through the treetops caught his attention. A tall blonde elf had quickly descended down the spiders webbing, with others of his kin right behind him, leaping from the branches to interfere with this fight as he killed a few more spiders in his path. The dwarves quickly raised their weapons to attack the elves when arrows were aimed at them from all angles and Thorin stopped mid swing, when an arrow was pointed at his head.