[Chapter Fifty Nine]

The hobbit's eyes slowly fluttered open and she tilted her head to her side. She blinked a few times before her vision completely came back to see Oin at her side. " Oin? W-where am I?" Freya asked confused as her fingers went to caress her forehead when she pulled it back from the shot of pain she felt coming from her head wound and then it all came back to her. She panicked, trying to get up but the older dwarf gently held her down.

"Lass, you're alright. Your back in the mountain." Oin explained. He removed his hands off of her when he felt she had relaxed and he took her arm that had been clawed by the white warg. The medic began binding her arm, so it wouldn't become infected. Freya's mind was going frantic. Where was her cousin? Where was Kili? Had he survived?

"W-where is Bilbo? Is he alright?" she cried.

"Freya, you're cousin is fine. He's with Balin and Dwalin helping the others bring in the injured." Oin stated, as he finished binding her arm.

"And Kili? Is he alright?" the woman dared to ask. The dwarf stopped what he was doing and looked the hobbit with sad eyes and she didn't want to believe it.

"I'm afraid not...He didn't make it. He was killed protecting a she-elf." Oin glumly spoke and a few tears rolled down her face. It was painful enough that Thorin sacrificed himself to protect her and his people but to learn that both brothers were now gone forever hurt her more then she could bare.

"I want to see Thorin." Freya demanded through her tear filled eyes, getting off the bed.

"Lass, I don't think that would be good idea right now." Oin pressed, not letting her by him.

"No, I have to see him now!" She yelled in frustration, and she fell on her knees to the ground, covering her face in her hands.The elder dwarf pulled the young woman back up and sat her back on the bed and crouched down in front of her.

"Freya, I think it would be best you stay here for now. And I think it's time we talk about you." Oin continued and she looked up at him, slightly confused.

"What are you talking about Oin?" She questioned.

" Lass, I might be old and deaf but I'm not blind. In the last few weeks I've noticed the lack of food you haven't been eating, the tiredness in your eyes. Finding you unconscious...Fili and Kili had come to me last week, expressing their concerns that you had been getting sick."

"What are you trying to say?"

"I am saying. That you are with child lass. I wasn't sure at first, but now I am. You are carrying the next heir to this kingdom." The dwarf stated. Freya's eyes widen in surprise. How could she have been so ignorant of these signs. Her hand went to her stomach and she felt her lips twitch into a small smile but it slowly faded. How could she be a mother without her child's father by her side. What would she tell her son or daughter, when they wondered where their father was? " Freya, we should inform the others. They will be overjoyed to learn that the line of Durin hasn't ended." Oin stated. The woman was in deep thought about a lot things and she looked up to see the dwarf heading towards the doors.

"Oin stop!" Freya cried. The medic turned around and looked at her. " Please don't tell them. Not yet." she pleaded.

"Freya. I know you're scared lass, but you are not alone here. We are all here for you." Oin pressed.

"Oin...I'm not sure if I'll be staying here." Freya admitted, looking at the medic with sad eyes. " I need to get some air." Freya walked passed Oin and left the room, leaving Oin in deep thought. The woman walked down the hall and saw at least a dozen dwarves, coming in and out of the mountain bringing in the injured. Freya still hadn't seen her cousin and she wondered when he would be returning.