[Chapter Fifty Eight]

Freya could feel Azogs blade trailing along her neck as she struggled in his hold. The vile orc smirked, hearing the whimpers that came from her as she waited for the orc to plunge his blade through her chest. Thorin hadn't taken his eyes off his archenemy or the woman. His face was tortured with pain, fear, anger and revenge. The dwarf began to walk forward with Orcrist pointed at the side. This vile piece of filthy was responsible for the death's of his grandfather, his father, his brother, his sisters eldest son and now he held the only woman he'd come to love in his clutches. As Thorin continued to approach through the blowing snow, a snarl came from behind the pale orc and Freya. The hobbit turn slightly to her left and her eyes widen in horror to see it was the white warg and an army coming over the hill side and she gasped. Azog looked to see his beast and army. He then turned to Thorin and grinned sadistically at the thought that had just occurred to him. Freya looked back at Thorin who was still coming, she shook her head at him, whispering for him not to engage and Azog only moved his blade against her neck tighter to the point that she could feel it beginning to cut into her skin and her whimpers became loud enough for Thorin to hear. "Azog, let her go!" Thorin yelled, his rage only grew when Azog smirked and removed his bladed arm away from her throat and tossed her to the ground, roaring as he charged at the dwarf.

The woman let out a shriek as she hit the ice, sliding on her hands and knees towards the flight of stairs she had run down earlier, when Thorin had taken off to go find Azog, before Kili had found him. The dwarf had watched his enemy toss the young woman, but before he could do anything to help her, Azog was already charging at him. Swinging a giant rock that was attached to a chain he was holding on to and Thorin backed up the way he came, as Azog continued to swing at him violently. The dwarf king managed to duck underneath the pale orcs next swing, causing Azog to slightly lose his balance and he got behind and slashed him the back. Azog growled, in fury and swings the rock at the dwarf again, missing him and smashing it into the ice, causing it to crack.

Freya came to stop and she rolled onto her back to see the beast stalking towards, baring its teeth at her and snarling something fierce. The woman recalled, when they had taken refuge in Beorn's house. He had explained to her that the pale orc's beast would never rest until he had killed his mark and she feared this day would come. The hobbit could feel her breathing going out of control as the white warg got closer. She looked around and saw her sword just out of arm reach and she got to her feet and picked the weapon up and she quickly turned around to see the beast was just inches from her, growling at her. The hobbit swung her blade out in front of her, trying to keep a few distances between her and the warg. The pale orcs beast continued to roar at, causing her to retreat up the stairs, away from Thorin and Azog's fight.

The ice continued to break from Azog's chained rock as he kept failing to smash Thorin's head with it. The two of them continued to stare into each other's eyes. Thorin glanced down around him to see the cracks forming through the platform and the pale orc decided to use the dwarf's distraction. Azog, again slammed the chained rock, missing Thorin by an inch, who maneuvered out of the way just in time but the section of ice they are on breaks free from the rest and Thorin struggles to keep himself from losing his balance and falling in and Azog swings his rock towards Thorin again, who ducked out of the way in time and the two of them continued to try and take the other out and keep the sheet of ice their on balanced at the same time.

Freya was now at the top of the stairs and the white warg growled and charged at her, causing the hobbit to stumble backwards and in her moment of fright she managed to stab the beast in the leg and it backed away, growling in anguish. The woman did a quick glance around behind her to see if she was about to trip over a stone or something else. She kept her sword pointed at the warg as it looked back at her, snarling and baring it's teeth at her. She might have wounded the creature to slow it down a bit, but it wasn't going to last for long.