My Imaginary Boyfriend *Fight or Flight

The song is Happily Ever After by He Is We =) Banner by Sponge2254.

Thank you so much for reading my story <3

*****                                                     

"Why are you still standing there?"

Here I am, hesitating, contemplating if I'll go inside their house or not. Why am I nervous? I'm just going to meet his mom. And Alex's. Am I afraid of finding out that he's not Alex—my best friend? Why am I even hoping—

"Annalise."

"Wait, I'm coming," I say, dragging my feet to their front door.

Caleb smiles, looking pleased at my actions. "Welcome to our home," he says, opening the door widely.

Taking a deep breath, I enter their house with the loud beating of my heart. The first thing I notice is that their house is bright. The walls are painted with cool colors that are good to the eyes. Their furniture's are somewhat European style.

"Come on," Caleb says, grabbing my hand and stopping me from staring at their impressive and expensive home.

Caleb's holding my hand! It feels weird and not at the same time. He's the first guy to do that. Well, except for when I was a child, which doesn't count.

"Mom?" he calls, dragging me with him. "Mom? I'm here!"

When we round the corner into the living room, we see Alex, standing on the couch while singing and dancing to the sound only he hears. I stop on my track, clearly surprised at what I'm seeing.

Meanwhile, Caleb is laughing his head off. Unfortunately for Alex, Caleb gets his phone and starts to take a video of him.

Alex can't see us because his eyes are closed, and he really feels the song he's singing. It's familiar but I can't put my finger on the title of the song. Alex looks like a rock star. He's even imagining he's playing a guitar. He bangs his head in tune with the music.

"Throw it away; forget yesterday we'll make the great escape. We won't hear a word they say, they don't know us anyway. Watch it burn, let it die. 'Cause we are finally free tonight."

At that word, he opens his eyes and plops down on the couch. That's when he sees us. His eyes widen slowly, glancing at Caleb who's laughing his head off while taking the video, and me, standing beside him.

Alex's face starts to redden as he realizes that we saw his mini concert. "Annalise," he says, standing up from the couch. He starts to walk but he accidentally trips to the ground because of Caleb's feet that's on of the way.

Caleb laughs more loudly than before, if it's even possible. They both stumble and fall to the ground with a thud.

Alex sees Caleb's phone in that instant. And that's when the tug of cell phone begins.

They're wrestling on the ground. Caleb's still laughing while pushing Alex away from him. Alex elbows him on the stomach and reaches for the phone in Caleb's hand.

I'm staring at them with wide eyes and mouth hanging open. I don't know if I should stop them but it doesn't look like they're hurting each other. Besides, they're amusing to watch. They're like two—

"Annalise," Caleb calls, "catch this!"

Startled, I turn around just in time to see that he throws his phone at me. My hand impulsively catches it on time, before it crashes to the ground.