10 | Jace's POV

Kei Forest... or currently known as Kei Langlois.

My husband.

My lover.

My confidant.

My partner in life.

And now, he's gone. He ran away from me, just because he's tired of my 'shitty personality'... or something along those lines.

I scoffed and closed my laptop. Husband... yeah right.

Who cares about him? It's not my fault at all. He's just acting like the immature brat he is. We're husbands, so doesn't that mean we have to deal with each other's personalities and just bear with it?

Anyway, his running escapade was just fruitless. I already know where his location is. I've hired someone to follow him once he rode on that awful transportation they call a taxi.

Silverline Apartments.

Apparently, his college friends live there. I vaguely remember their faces and names, but all I know was that I met them once. That time when I picked Kei up at his school.

Now, the matter of Kei's situation. I didn't bother going to him and apologize. I'm fully aware of how I treated him these past few days, but I didn't do anything that could hurt or nearly kill him. Well, except for the les rognons de veaux. I think I crossed the line on that one. I know how Kei hates veal kidney, and the mere mention of it makes him want to vomit. But still, I'm not apologizing for that one either. I'm just going to wait for him to open his eyes and stop being a bébé.

I stood up from my office chair then stretched my muscles for a bit. I gazed out the floor-to-ceiling window and looked down at the bustling streets down below the building before looking around my office. You can tell it's owned by a man because of it's dull colors. The ceiling is just pure white, while the walls are gray and had black linings on each corner. My mahogany desk is void of anything... homey. It only had my laptop, a few documents, and an inclined plaque that has Jace Langlois, C.E.O. carved on it.

That reminds me, I've never brought Kei to my office before. He's never been near my building at all. The only place he'd been into was my study room. Why didn't I thought of bringing him over here?

Oh, wait.

Kei hated the idea of the public knowing he's married to me. He's the type of person who hates too much attention. I, on the other hand, like it... but not to the extent of like a Hollywood artist.

Now that I though about it, I never knew anything about Kei. All I know is that his parents were close friends with mine, and his inheritance was only the reason why we're even married to each other. I was sent a letter from a lawyer, saying he's the family lawyer of the Forest family. He stated that I have to marry their only son in order for him to finally receive his inheritance.

At first, I refused. How can someone just make me do something like that? I'm not ready to marry someone. I was so busy handling my business and I don't have time to spare for one measly boy who just wants his petty inheritance back. Well, except that I did marry him because the next day I received the letter, my parents called me and scolded me as if I did something tragic. And let me tell you, it was horrible. Doting parents are bad for me, how much more if they give me a long lecture?

So, with that said, I reluctantly searched for Kei Forest and once I found him, I downright proposed to him. During his class.

Anyway, enough with the memory trip. I almost forgot I have to read some documents about internship requests. I sat back down and rummaged through the scattered papers on my desk. Once I found what I was looking for, I called my secretary through the intercom.

"Diana, come here." I spoke, while I skimmed through the internship requests.

The door to my office opened and revealed my 48-year old secretary, Mrs. Morris. She's been a widow for ten years and doesn't have the plan to remarry, much to my confusion. She's the most reliable person I knew. Despite her age, she doesn't look like she's aged much. Her hair is void of any gray strands, and her face only has a few wrinkles. To, she's like my second mother.

"Yes, Mr. Langlois. You called?" She greeted as she closed the door and made her way towards the front of my desk.

I nodded then showed her the requests in my hands. She raised an eyebrow.

"Internship requests?"

"Oui, I forgot how many openings are available." I said, shrugging off my suit jacket and hung it on the armrest of my chair.

Diana clicked her tongue at my actions then took my jacket away. She smoothed it first before neatly hanging it on the rack just beside my desk. "Mr. Langlois, how many times did I tell you to put your jacket on the rack?"

I shrugged.

She looked at me then sighed. "We only have one opening left. The other two were already taken last week."

I hummed then randomly chose one request, not bothering to read all of its contents. Then, I gave it to Diana.

Unlike me, she read the information written on it. After she was done reading, she nodded in approval.

"Mr. Ryan Roberts, 22 years old. A computer engineer student from Santell University. Good choice, Sir. We do need a few people to fix outdated programs of the computers in the fourth floor." She informed.

I was about to dismiss her when I realized something.

"What did you say?" I asked, standing up from my seat.

Diana frowned in confusion. "We need a computer engineer to fix-"

I cut her off. "Not that. The first thing you said."

She glanced down at the paper she was holding. "Ryan Roberts?"

I ran my fingers through my hair then looked down at the other internship request papers on my desk. Fuck.

I wondered to myself how in the world I can still remember that name, but I just did. I can vaguely recall that time when Kei and I ate at a fastfood restaurant. McIntosh? McRonald's? Mcsomething...

Ryan Roberts.

I remembered he and Kei were close. They hugged each other in front of me in that restaurant. Were they ex-boyfriends or something? Relatives, perhaps?

"Diana, call him for an interview tomorrow." I ordered.

Diana nodded then trudged towards the door, then closed it slowly once she was outside.

I don't know what I'm doing, but all I know is that I had a bad feeling regarding this Ryan Roberts person.