13 | I Hate You

I was taken aback. My entire body froze for a second. I felt like that all the muscles in my body also froze in shock.

But then, before I could react fully, Jace let go of my lips. I looked at him with dazed eyes, still too fully shocked at what just happened. He smirked and ruffled my hair before walking off to the elevators, probably to the floor of his office. I just watched him dumbly until he was out of sight.

"Freaking hell..." I muttered to myself.

I hesitantly touched my lips with my index finger. I realized that this is the first time Jace and I kissed. Even at our wedding... well, maybe it wasn't even called a proper wedding because I just signed a couple of papers then Jace gave me my ring. He just gave it to me like he'd just given a child candy. He had already worn his ring when that happened.

That reminds me... Jace still has my ring. I remember I had thrown it to him that time I ran away. But anyway, why would I even care if he returns it or not? We're only married in paper only, so basically wedding rings aren't important.

With that thought, I walked back towards the benches and sat there, waiting for Ryan to come back and hopefully give me good news.

One and a half hour later...

"Kei!"

I jolted and blinked a few times before I saw Ryan making his way toward me. I must have fallen asleep while I was waiting for Ryan.

"How was it?" I asked, standing up.

Ryan stopped in front of me. "Well..."

I frowned. "What happened?"

Did Jace say something? I thought. Because if that asshole said or did something bad to my friend, shit is about to go down. By tomorrow, this fucking building will be buried deep underground with its fucking remains and rubble! Along with its owner!

"Hey, what's wrong with your face?" Ryan asked me, momentarily snapping me back from my furious stupor.

I blinked and changed my face expression into a stoic one. "Nothing."

Ryan hummed then started to walk towards the exit. I followed him.

"Hey, what happened during your interview?" I asked again.

He scratched his head. "Well, you see... he kinda... uh, threatened me?"

I widened my eyes. "What?!"

Ryan stepped back away from me and raised his hands, as if to avoid my rage. I scoffed at him.

"Whoa, easy! He just... y'know..."

I put both of my hands on my hips and raised an eyebrow for him to continue. Seriously, I'm gonna plant bombs in this building if Jace really did something that would possibly scar Ryan for life.

"Mr. Langlois just told me to... uh, stayawayfromyou." He said rather quickly that it didn't make sense.

"What?" I asked impatiently.

Ryan sighed exasperatedly. "Oh, c'mon! Don't let me say it!"

"Say it!"

He groaned. "Ugh, fine! He told me to stay away from you!"

My jaw dropped. What the flipping hell? Jace said that? To Ryan, my bestfriend, of all people? My nerves snapped and I suddenly had this murderous feeling bubbling in the pit of my stomach. First, he treats me like a slave and now he threatens my friends to stay away from me. Why, that motherfucking asshole!