Chapter 9

The past five months have been anything but enjoyable for me. When Supreme Leader found out that I had once again lost the scavenger he was furious. He blamed it on my compassion and I have suffered severe punishment for it. The next time I ever see that scavenger she will pay. She will pay for what she did to me, and the pain I suffered through. Supreme Leader's punishments have wiped away all of my feelings for this scavenger and helped me remember she is the enemy. I'm not sure what had overcome me at our last encounter, nevertheless I will make sure it does not happens again.

The First Order has regrown rapidly in the past five months. We have been left undisturbed on Endor hidden away from the Resistance. For all the Resistance knows we could all be dead with Starkiller and never hear from us again. However the First Order is back and repaired, and we are ready for revenge. Our first target is the Resistance base. As we were rebuilding the First Order in the past five months we have also been searching for the location of the Resistance base, and now we have finally located it.

"Lord Ren." A voice interrupted.

I turn to see Hux standing before me. "Yes?"

"I have come to you to deliver the news that we are ready to make way for the Resistance base."

"Wonderful, prepare my fleet," I demand.

"Yes sir," and with that Hux leaves.

Now my chance is here, I will not yet all of my training go to waste now. I am way more powerful than last time and uninjured; the Resistance doesn't stand a chance. With that, I make my way up to the hangar, board, and take off with my fleet heading straight towards the Resistance base. 

REYS POV:

After our long trip from Ahch-To, we finally arrived at the Resistance base. Luke and I were greeted by Leia, Poe, Finn, BB8, and Chewbacca. It was so nice to get reacquainted with everyone after so long.

Finn leads me on a tour around the base and shows me to the hall where my room is. I open the door to my room and see the kitchen, living room, table, bookshelf, and bed. The last thing my eyes fall on is the window; I gasp at the view, it is absolutely stunning.

"I love it!" I tell Finn.

"I knew you would," Finn says with a proud smile. "Well I got to go back to the control room, I'll see you later." And with that Finn leaves.

I look around at my room again and walk to the balcony. There is a small bench out there that I take a seat on. I could stare out at the trees and water forever, it's just so peaceful. I catch myself thinking about Kylo Ren and my mission. At our last encounter, I really did get to see the caring Ben Solo that lived deep down inside of Kylo hidden, but now I sense with Snoke's doings, Ben has been rehidden. And it is my mission to bring back Ben. I soon feel quite tired from everything today that has happened today and head back inside and lay down in bed. It only takes about five minutes before I fall into a deep sleep.

Luke and I only manage to stay a week at the Resistance base before we get alarming news that First Order ships have been spotted on their trackers heading for the base. They will be arriving here in approximately three days! General Leia called a meeting where she told us this news and everyone starts freaking out.

"Everyone. Please. Remain calm," Leia says. "We are the Resistance, this is our base where we have all of our supplies and weapons. The First Order is coming to us, we have the upper hand! They are coming on ships where they cannot fit everything, and we have everything we need to fight here and we have three days to prepare. They do not know that we know they are coming, so let's prepare!"

The whole room roars in applause. Leia's pep-talk worked wonders and everyone has their courage back and is preparing for Thursday. On my way out I run into Luke.

"Oh Rey, just the person I was looking for," Luke says.

"Yes Master?"

"I know that your mind is probably all over the place with this news, but I have a task for you."

"Of course, what is it Master?" I ask.

"Well, with the upcoming battle in three days, I figured it would be best that you had a Jedi's weapon. You returned mine and now I will help you receive yours."

"I don't know what to say, thank you so much Master!"

"You see there is a temple that lies not far from here, in that temple you will find the lightsaber that awaits you."

I really want to go to the Jedi Temple right now to find my lightsaber I'm so excited! But what about my friends and the battle?

Luke, sensing my thoughts, "Tonight you must rest, tomorrow you shall go. Do not worry about your friends, you will be back in one day which gives you one day before the First Order arrives." I bow my head and turn away to make my way back when I hear, "Rey." I turn around; "May the force be with you," Luke says. "May the force be with you as well Master," I say and smile, then continue back to my room.

I'm walking through a forest when I hearing a noise ignite from behind me. I turn and in front of me stands Kylo Ren. "Kylo..." I say backing up into a tree. He smirks and slowly starts walking towards me, "Rey." "..Ben.." I watch his face as anger takes over, "That is not my name!" He yells. I jump at the sound of the anger in his voice and slowly put my hand on the handle of my lightsaber only to look down and see that it's not there. Kylo looks down seeing what I was trying to do and slowly starts walking towards me. His hypnotic brown eyes locked with mine and his beautiful dark black hair to his shoulders. Feeling his hands around my wrist suddenly pull me out of the trance he put me in. Great, because of his damn good looks now he has gotten the better of me. He lifts both of my hands above my head and pins them to the tree with one of his hands. His other hand grasps his lightsaber on his belt. He leans forward and I can feel his warm breath on my neck as it sends goosebumps down my spine. "I'm sorry Rey," and a lightsaber igniting is all I hear before it all goes black. I nearly jump out of bed and realize it was all just a dream. I take deep breaths and try to calm myself down. "It was just a dream," I tell myself.

I try to lay back down and sleep, however, it's useless. The dream I had cannot escape my thoughts. Therefore I give up on trying to sleep and prepare myself for today's journey. Once I gather the few items I'll need for today I head to the dining hall to grab a bite to eat before I leave. As I walk down the hall, I turn the corner and run into someone.

"Oh.. I'm so sorry."

"Hey Rey!" I hear the person say filled with happiness.

I look up and see Finn. "Hey Finn! I didn't know that was you, sorry," I chuckle.

"Don't worry about it, I was just coming to find you anyways. Luke told me you were leaving today to go find your lightsaber so I figured I would come and say goodbye before you left," Finn explains.

"Ok that's very sweet of you Finn, and don't worry it's only one day I'll be back before you know it!" I tell him.

"I know, just be safe okay," Finn says with a look of gloom in his eyes.

"I will," I tell him with a smile and give him a hug.

I finish eating, say goodbye to everyone, and get ready to embark on my journey to the Jedi Temple to find my soon-to-be lightsaber.