Chapter 33

Thank you to everyone who has been so patient with me! I finally updated!!

Just as I suspected, Luke was sitting in the center mediating. I walked over towards him and sat down on a nearby bench to wait until he finished. "Ben," Luke addressed, opening his eyes and standing to face me. "What can I do for you nephew?" "I need your help- Well, we need your help," I begin. "We?" He asks curiously. "Rey and I. We are.. sort of-" "I know," he interrupts. "No-... wait. What?" I ask confused. Did my mother tell him? "I've known all along. I could sense it in the force, and it's obvious Rey is in love with you, and you would be a fool not to feel the same way in return." I smile at his statement, "I'm sorry we didn't tell you. But Jedis are not allowed attachments, and since Rey is training to become one, we decided to hold off a little before we told you," I explained. "I see. I could try and try to enforce that rule upon her, but it would never do any good. I could tell since you two became best of friends at the Jedi Academy, that nothing could ever separate you two. And I made the mistake of doing just that, and I won't make the same mistake again," he says. So that's why he vanished. I always just figured he was too cowardly and old to face the First Order and I, but Luke blamed the whole massacre years ago on himself. I placed my hand on his shoulder, "What happened that day is not your fault. It's mine. I lost myself to Snoke and did something I can never take back. It's not your fault," I tell him trying to make him feel better. "Thank you, but if only I could have seen it coming, that whole problem might have been avoided," Luke explained. "There is nothing we can do about that anymore. Everything has happened for a reason, and the force has brought Rey and I back together and I could not be more grateful." Luke smiled, "You really have grown up Ben, I am very proud of you and how far you've come. Wasn't there something you came to ask me?" "Oh, yes there was. We were wondering if you could help us find an Officiant for the wedding. We haven't been able to find anyone who willingly would marry two force users because of the Jedi code, and I'm worried. I want this day to be perfect for Rey, she has gone through so much, and I really want to spend my forever with her," I admit. Luke takes a moment to respond, pondering over something before saying, "I'd be happy to do it." "Really? You would do that?" I ask. "On behalf of all the Jedis and force users in the galaxy, we owe you that. You two have restored peace to the galaxy by defeating Snoke and we all are willing to make an exception to the code. Very few can pull off what you two did and we are eternally grateful. I will wed you two at your wedding in two days," he informs me. I'm overwhelmed with joy and happiness. I immediately wrap Luke up in a big hug, "Thank you so much Uncle." "Of course," he smiles, "Now, you better get back to Rey and prepare for your big day." I smile before leaving the courtyard and heading back to our room to inform Rey of the fantastic news.

I insert the code for our room and enter to find the room quiet as a mouse. I knew it was probably around nine o'clock, but I didn't expect Rey to go to bed already. I head into the bedroom only to find the bed empty. After checking every room -but one- I start to become worried, what if something happened to her? No, I would have sensed it. I walk into the living room and my heart melts at the sight before me. Rey is curled up, fast asleep on the sofa in front of the window. She must of been looking over the nearby forest and fallen asleep. I smile, walking over to her, and softly tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear. Leaning over I gently pick her up into my arms and head towards our bedroom. I'm careful not to wake her as she yawns and buries herself closer into my chest. Placing her down on the bed, I head into our bathroom to change for the night.

I come back out wearing only a pair of sweatpants and see the back of Rey's sleeping figure covered by the sheets. Quietly I crawl under the covers and wrap my arms around her, pressing my chest up against her back. Peppering thousands of kisses to the back of her head, I can feel that she is awake. "You seem very happy," Rey states groggily. "I am," I admit, "I have very good news." Rey turns around in my arms pressing her hands to my chest. "Would you like to tell me this great news?" She teases. "I'm thinking about it," I smirk looking down at her. Before another word can come out of her mouth, I ease my lips onto her own catching them in a soft kiss. Our tongues swirl around each other before she pulls back and says, "You still have to tell me." "Well, I went and talked to Luke to see if he could help me find an officiant for the wedding, and we found one!" I announce. "That's wonderful!" She pressed another kiss to my lips in excitement, "Who?" "Well. If I had a sibling, it would be that sibling's mom's brother." A very confused expression surfaced on Rey's face as she processed what I just told her. Suddenly her face lit up, "It's Luke! Luke said he would do that?!" "Yes! He said he would be happy to do it on behalf of all the force users since we returned peace and balance to the Galaxy by destroying Snoke," I explained. "Wow, that's wonderful news!" She exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around my neck. "Yep. Everything for the wedding is under control, and all set," I tell her. "I can't believe we are getting married in two days. I can't wait." I find myself smiling again, "I can't wait either; to become bonded in another way with the love of my life." I feel as Rey's arms slowly apply pressure on the back of my neck pulling my face down towards hers for another passionate kiss. I love you too. She pulls back nuzzling her head into the crook of my neck as she begins to trace slow circles on my chest. I slowly rub her back in sync with her as we both drift off into a deep, peaceful sleep.

Everyone! I don't know how many of you have read the novella Broken by Renner_Addict135 (for some reason it won't let me tag them), but if you haven't you totally should. I discovered it months ago and I find myself re-reading it practically once a month. It is a  beautifuly written modern AU story and I even cried at certain parts reading it, and I think you all should read it too! Renner_Addict135 !