Chapter 35

BENS POV:

I peek out behind the curtain and see that everyone is beginning to fill in their seats. I feel someone clasp their hand on my shoulder, and turn to see Uncle Luke and my mother standing behind me. Luke was wearing his Jedi robes, and my mother a nice dress. "Today's the big day," he stated proudly. "Yep," I replied nervously. "You'll be just fine. Are you ready?" He asks. "Yes," I reply. "Okay, I'll see you out there," he says before disappearing through the curtain. Leia walks up to me and cups my face in her hands, "My little boy is all grown up." I watch as a tear gently rolls down her cheek. "Your father and I are so proud of you. We can't wait to see where this journey takes you." I smile at her, wrapping her up in a big hug, "Thanks mom. I love you both so much." She smiles again, "We both love you too. Are you ready?" "Ready as I'll ever be," I assure her. She placed a kiss on my cheek before -I assume- heading back to Rey.

I take a deep breath then head out of the curtains and onto the altar. Everyone was in their seats now waiting for the ceremony to begin, and just like that, it did. Luke glanced at me, then to someone peeking out through the curtains, then to the musicians as the wedding march began. I watched as Finn and Poe walked down the aisle, arm, and arm; before coming to stand beside me. Soon after, Chewbacca; the Ring Bearer, walked down the aisle, followed by this adorable little girl who must be the daughter of one of my mother's friends on the base. She withdrew beautiful rose petals from her basket onto the ground just like the ones on the ground when I proposed to Rey back on Naboo. I heard the musicians begin to play the Bridal March, causing all heads to turn to the archway at the beginning of the aisle. I couldn't help but shiver in anticipation. I couldn't wait to see my darling, Rey.

The doors slowly opened revealing Rey accompanied by my mother. From anyone else's perspective, I'm sure my jaw hit the ground the second I saw her. To say that she looked absolutely stunning was an understatement. Her dress was beautiful, a shimmering white that contrasted her skin perfectly. And her makeup, made her look more beautiful than imaginable. She looked up at me and smiled as she stepped before me on the altar.

The music stopped once Rey reached the altar, signaling for Luke to begin his speech, "Dear friends and family, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of Ben Solo and Rey Kenobi in marriage. The union of two people makes us aware of the changes wrought by time. But the new relationship will continue to draw much of its beauty and meaning from the intimate associations of their past. With love and commitment, they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife. Today, as we create this marriage, we also create a new bond and new sense of family - one that will undoubtedly include all who are present here today. Through your commitment to each other, may you grow and nurture a love that makes both of you better people, a love that continues to give you great joy, and also a passion for living that provides you with energy and patience to face the responsibilities of life." As Luke continued on with his speech, I got so zoned in on the angelic woman before me, that half of what he was saying went right through my head; all I could focus on was how amazing Rey looked. "And now for the vows," Luke announced. Rey flashed me a sparking smile as I took her hands in mine, "Rey, you have changed my life in so many ways, and I could never express how grateful I am for all you have done. You found what light was left in me, and glorified it. As my last strands of hope began to slip away, you were there to catch them for me. I know through my best and my worst moments you will always stand beside me. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. You are my Rey of sunshine and I love you so much." I watched as tears began to form in Rey's eyes, "Ben, you have given me something I have long grown without. I couldn't even begin to imagine how my life would of turned out without you being a part of it. Even in our toughest moments, I know you will always be there for me. You are my other half, my pull, my partner, I love you so much. I can't wait to continue our life journeys together." As she spoke I ran my thumb in circles across the top of her hand.

Luke handed us both the other's ring. "Ben, do you take Rey to be your wife? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect her, forsaking all others and holding only unto her?"

"I do," I promised as I slipped the wedding ring on her finger.

He smiled before turning towards Rey, "Rey, do you take Ben to be your husband? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect him, forsaking all others and holding only unto him?"

"I do," she concurred as she slipped the ring on my finger.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride," Luke announced.

I glanced into her hopefully eyes before slipping my hand behind her waist, pulling her to me, and pressing my lips down onto hers. This is the best day of my life. Here I am with my lips pressed against the woman's I love, in front of the people who care about us most. I may not be the greatest Sith Lord of all time, but that's not what I truly ever wanted to be. I wanted to finished what my grandfather started, and you know what. He left to the dark side to save his love; yet the truth is, I don't need the dark side for a savior. Rey gives me all the power and strength I need by just being with her and knowing we will have each other forever. It wasn't his exact path, but no one's path is exactly the same. And with my own destiny, I finally finished what my grandfather started.

THE END

OMG I CANT BELIEVE THIS BOOK IS FINISHED! IM LITERALLY GETTING EMOTIONAL!! This fanfiction has taken months to complete and what felt like hundreds of hours to complete. But really, it was all worth it, and I hope you all enjoyed joining me on this journey of The Pull Between Us

Now I am considering doing an epilogue, to inform you guys of their happy family in the future with their child, but I'm not sure yet. Until then, thank you all again for the support and love it really helped my through all of this and may the force be with everyone of you!