Chapter 34

・・・

                                      Two Days Later

                                             ・・・

LEIAS POV:

"Okay everyone, today is the big day! Everything needs to be perfect! Finn!" I yell. "Yes General," he replies. "Please go find Ben and assist him in getting ready for the ceremony. All the stuff he will need is in your room. He cannot come back into their room because I will be in there helping Rey prepare for today," I explain. "Yes General," he repeats and heads out of the room. "Poe!" I call out. "Right here General," I hear from behind me. I turn around to face Poe, "As one of my most trusted men on this base, I am putting you in charge of setting up while I go help Rey. Can you do that?" "Of course General," he says with one of his charming smiles. "Okay, everything is good to go! See you all in a couple of hours," I announce before leaving the room and heading to Rey's.

FINNS POV:

I knock on the door to Ben and Rey's room, and I am greeted by Rey. "Hey Finn! "Hey Rey, is Ben here?" I ask. Duh, of course he is, that was a stupid question. "Ya! Let me go get him," she says before disappearing behind the door. The door slowly creaks open and I can see into their living room. The structure is very similar to mine, however, it seems a tad bit bigger since it has to accommodate two people, and a few different details due to Rey's decorating. "Hey Finn," Ben says coming to the door accompanied by Rey. "It's time," I inform him, "I need you to come with me to get ready for tonight. And Rey, Leia should be on her way shortly to help you get ready as well." "Okay," he says before turning to Rey. He gently cups her face and leans down to give her a quick kiss, "I'll see you tonight," he whispers to her with a big smile before walking out the door into the hallway. We barely make it a few meters towards my room when we hear Rey shout, "Bye!" to both of us.

We enter my room and I take a seat down on the couch, and motion for Ben to take a seat across from me. "Your mother had all your stuff brought here so you won't have to return to your room. Now before we start I would like to talk to you for a few minutes," I inform him. "Ok.. What about?" He asks with a curious look on his face. "I know that none of Rey's birth family is alive, but she is like family to me, and I want to make sure you are a hundred percent in on all this. I don't want to see her heartbroken," I inform him. "Finn, I can assure you I'm ready to do this. I love Rey with all of my heart, and I would go to the ends of the galaxy to make her happy. She has been lonely her entire life, and I'm going to make sure she never feels that emotion again for the rest of it," he replies. I smile, "You're a good man Ben. Take good care of Rey."

REYS POV:

About fifteen minutes after Ben and Finn left I hear a knock at the door. I open it to see Leia standing in the hallway. "Hello Rey," she greets smiling. I smile back, "Hello Leia, come on in."

We head into the bedroom when I notice she has four large bags in her hands. "What's all this?" I ask motioning to the bags. She smiles, "I have been looking all over the place for wedding dresses similar to what you described, so I have the top three dresses for you to chose from, and a whole bag of makeup and supplies to get you ready for the ceremony!" She squeals in excitement. She takes the bags off the first two dresses, and they are absolutely stunning. "This one, as you can see has long sleeves, a bareback, and it is made tight to show off the curves of your body," Leia explains holding the first dress. "This one is a portrait ball gown, where the sleeves run a little lower than your shoulders making it appear strapless, and the dress goes down to about your shins," she says holding up the second one. "They're both beautiful dresses. This is going to be a hard decision. What about the last dress?" I ask. "This one is my favorite," she says as she takes off the bag to reveal a beautiful, shimmering white dress. "It has a v-shaped back, it's sleeveless, and its train is a royal ten feet long." I stare at it in awe, "I've never seen such a gorgeous dress in my life."

I try on the first two dresses, and twirl around in front of the mirror. I love them both, but I'm so eager to try on the last one. "There," Leia says as she fixes the bottom of the dress, laying it around me. I stare at the dress in awe, running my hands along it, "This is the one," I whisper. "I knew this would be the one," she squealed, "Now lets get you out of the dress, and begin your hair and makeup."

Leia suggested I wear my hair down, but I always wear my hair in three buns, and I wanted to keep it that way for today. So my hair is up in buns, with a few strands, we curled hanging loose. The makeup she did looks amazing. "Not too much, but a little to emphasize your perfections," she said.

I take one last look in the mirror of the final product all put together, then turn around to wrap Leia up in a tight hug, "Thank you so much, for everything." When I first came to the Resistance, Leia was so quick to take me under her wing, and treat me like her own daughter. It really means a lot to me, since I don't have a mother of my own. "Of course. Your family would be so proud of you. Now, don't you have somewhere important to be," she teases, "Let's go get married!" She exclaims. "Leia, I'm the one getting married." "Oh I know, I'm just so excited for you and Ben!" 

Guys I think there is only going to be one more part after this! I can't believe we are so close to the end!