Chapter 11

KYLOS POV:

Our expected time was three days of travel. However, with our top-notch advanced engines we arrived in two days, one day early. The resistance base was now in view and I felt a weird feeling inside of me that I haven't felt in a long time... Not only was Rey here but Luke as well. The First Order no longer needs the map to Skywalker now that he is out of hiding, though Snoke still wants Rey. This time he wants her brought back so I can 'seduce her to the dark side.'

"Your main target is Luke Skywalker, do not resist to kill him, but leave the girl unharmed, I will deal with her myself," I tell the troops before we make our exit off of the ships. I wait until after the battle has already started and you can hear the sound of guns firing to follow a group of stormtroopers out onto the battlefield.

They run off into the battle and I am left with my thoughts. I feel it, I feel Rey's presence, she is filled with worry. Good. However, she is not at the base... it's coming from... the forest. I turn and head towards the forest and to my luck, no one saw me leave because they were so preoccupied fighting.

REYS POV:

"This is all just a dream," I tell myself, but it's not, this is a reality. Once the shock of what's happening disappears, and my brain starts working again I know that I need to get back to the base as soon as possible. Without further ado, I make sure I have all my stuff and get down the old stairs as quick as I can. I reach the entrance to the forest and run trying to find my way through it. Trees fly past me until I stop to catch my breath when I look around and notice... I'm completely lost. Panic increasing inside of me, I have no idea what to do.

Suddenly I hear the sound of water and I know exactly where it's coming from. The river I crossed earlier to get to the temple! I head in the direction where I heard the water, only to find that it's not the river... It's a giant lake surrounded by trees with a small waterfall against the cliffs. I should of known that in a forest this big there would be multiple water sources, but this view, it's so calming and peaceful, it practically takes all your worries away. No! The Resistance! I have to get back to them!

I walk away from the lake and back into the dense forest. After about two minutes of walking, I receive that uncomfortable feeling in my stomach that I got on my way to the temple... I feel like I'm being watched. I turn around at light speed when I hear, "Scavenger." Fear suddenly drowns me, "No Rey; calm. You are a Jedi." I tell myself and relax. "But you aren't meant to be a Jedi little one," his deep mechanical voice says as he reads my thoughts. I quickly put up my barrier and block him from going any further.

He smirks, "You've trained."

"Yes, and how would you have any idea of what I'm meant to be?!?" I rebuttal.

"You have so much potential, being a Jedi will only hold you back. Join me," he says.

"What if I am getting held back? What if I can learn more and become more powerful on the dark side than I ever could here?" I catch myself thinking. NO! What is going with me?! I need to get away from here, the light side is the right side and where I'm meant to be!

With Rey lost in thought she didn't realize she let her guard down and once again Kylo was back in her head. He smirked and took off his helmet with a whoosh as the air released. He was quite aware of the effect he had on her and hoped that in time it would be enough to switch her. They both had a struggle with both sides pulling on them in two different directions.

Remembering her mission to bring Ben back to the light, she focused once again on what was happening in the present.

"...Ben..." I wasn't sure if I had meant it as a statement or a question, but it came out anyway.

Anger rose inside of him, "Don't call me that!" He yells as he takes out his lightsaber and ignites it.

I take a step back realizing I had made a mistake to anger him. However, there was no going back now... "That is the name of your true self!" I yell back.

With his patience now gone, he comes charging at me over-flowing with anger. I quickly take out my lightsaber just in time to block his blow. Now he has angered me cause I'm only trying to help him, so I strike back. He easily dodges and strikes again. Soon we are in a strength battle like the one that happened five months ago on Starkiller. I find myself staring into his gorgeous brown eyes unable to look away. There so warming and hypnotizing. I soon realize his hand near my face yet I was too late; before I know it I feel my legs give away as my body goes limp. Before I crash into the ground I feel his muscular arms catch my body as every last piece of my conscious is pulled from me.